“We highly recommend this B&B”

No. 23 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 24 Wells B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights to see Wells before moving on to Glastonbury and Salisbury. Liz was very welcoming from the start, accomodating Ash's dietery requirements and providing us with all we needed for a comfortable stay. On arrival Liz gave us a map and some tips on where to go to eat. Clean and spacious room, great filling breakfast with plenty of choice and lovely little touches (especially the penguin cafetiere warmer!). Great location, 5 minutes pleasant walk into town. We highly recommend this B&B! Thank you Liz.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you, thank you! I'm very pleased No 23 met your expectations - always a bit scarey! I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your break.
My regards.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband & I were very fortunate to enjoy a stay on the nights of 4 & 5 July at Liz's excellent b &b. This is an immaculate establishment, absolutely spotlessly clean. It is very conveniently situated a short walk to the centre of Wells.. Our tasteful room had a very welcome sitting area which was much appreciated & the beautiful en suite had the best shower I have ever used. Liz's breakfast is very good indeed & I really enjoyed the mixed fresh fruits before the hearty full English. Liz was a very friendly hostess, very willing to help but not overwhelming & her little dog is a real poppet.We would highly recommend No 23 to anyone visiting Wells. I would also like to give Wells 5 stars as a unique and charming destination. Many thanks Liz.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Many, many thanks for your very kind review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at No 23 and in Wells. It is good to know we are all appreciated! Please accept my very best wishes.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had a very good night at No. 23, very comfortable beds and a very clean and well equipped room. Good shower, delicious breakfast (many options) and very accommodating in terms of getting back in.

I've stayed in many B&B's and this was one of the best.

Tom

Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Ah kind words indeed - my sincere thanks for your review. It was unexpected for someone on a bit of a flying visit to Wells but even more well received if you are an experienced B&B man! I hope your return journey was a little easier that the trip down - that's still an 'ace' car!
My regards.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

No 23 is sparkling clean, warm, cosy and it's hostess-Liz-has the warmest smile this planet has to offer. She makes a yummy breakfast too. Magda C

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Well, home again after your travels - thank you for writing a review - I'm smiling!!!!
My regards to you all especially Beautiful Bertie!
Liz EVans

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I were in Wells for a wedding and decided to give No.23 a try. We could not have been happier staying here. Our room was bright and airy, clean and comfortable. The ensuite modern and spotless, and the shower fantastic. Our host, Liz, was welcoming and hospitable - above expectations. Despite plumping for the latter end of breakfast at 9.30am, we were not at all rushed, and enjoyed a large and lazy pot of coffee and as much good food as we could eat! Thank you Liz for making our stay an easy and enjoyable experience and for helping to make our trip to Wells fun and entertaining! We will most definitely be recommending your B&B and would gladly stay again, if and when we return to Wells in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Claire B
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Hello you two! Many thanks indeed for your kind words and taking the effort to give a review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your weekend away and the wedding too and now you are home the kids should be playing you up nicely for being away!
A delight to have you stay at No 23.
Best wishes.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My parents and I stayed here for two nights while seeing friends in Wells - and, to echo another reviewer, it was like staying with an old friend. Liz couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful, was great to chat to and has a really excellent little dog! The rooms were clean, incredibly comfortable and beautifully finished, the bathrooms were spotless and the shower luxurious. I loved the fruit salad waiting for me at the breakfast table each morning - and if you like fried bread this is the place to come. I had a thoroughly good time and, unusually for me, have no criticisms at all. Thanks, Liz!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Hello All, thank you for your super review - most appreciated! I hope the next few days after Wells were equally as comfortable and that my parcel arrived safely on your homecoming! One of you (hmm, which one would that be..) will always be thought of as the 'fried bread queen'!!!

Warmest regards.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Liz many thanks for your humour, wit and laundry facilities. Hope you got the card fron John O'Groats. So good I will be bringing the missus down later in the year! Good shower, comfy bed and close to town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Postcard from John O'Groats received today - brilliant - thank you very much - it's on the mantlepiece! Thanks also for your kind review - would look forward to a return visit (with the wife) but may not offer the laundry service!
My very best wishes.
Liz Evans

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Best Western Plus Swan Hotel
Stoberry House
Stoberry House
#3 of 24 in Wells
Burcott Mill Guesthouse

Been to No. 23 Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!