“Alls Well in Wells”

No. 23 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this B&B and thoroughly enjoyed it. Liz is such a welcoming host and made us feel very much at home after our rainy journey from Bournemouth. Our room was tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The B&B is about a 5 minute walk into Wells city centre and its glorious cathedral and lovely little shops...ideal! Breakfast was great and the comfort and friendliness of this little B&B is hard to beat. We had a lovely short break and would happily recommend No 23!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

And what a lovely place to spend 1/2 term! Thank you very much for your review - it amazes me that people go home and take the trouble to write reviews - please let me say how much it is appreciated.
With regards.

There are newer reviews for No. 23 Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 29, 2011

This is a lovely B & B with a very welcoming and friendly owner. We were given a choice of rooms, both of which were spotless, and bed and pillows were comfortable. The shower was very powerful - we didn't want to get out of it! Breakfast was very tasty with a good choice of both hot and cold food. Liz recommend an excellent restaurant (Beah in Union Street) which did very good veggie food for the evening. If we visit Wells again we would stay here again and I would have no hesitation in recommending this B & B to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Thank you kindly for your review - hope the hens were OK!
My regards.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed in Wells this weekend to attend a wedding. Sometimes it is difficult to travel by yourself but not when you stay at number 23. Couldn't have been a warmer welcome. Both Liz and my fellow guests were so friendly and warm it was hard to leave. I can just echo the other reviews which refer to the immaculately high standards of the rooms and the lovely little touches that make a stay here such a pleasure. As I said on leaving 'I'll be back!@

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Soshin39
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

It is just the nicest feeling when I hear all my guests chatting away to each other in the breakfast room - we didn't want you to leave either! Many thanks for putting a review on TripAdvisor and for your very kind words. I'm more than pleased your weekend was so successful.
With warmest regards.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We are so glad we saw the other Trip Advisor reviews on this wonderful B&B. On the phone Liz was charming; in person warm, welcoming, smiling and a perfect hostess. The rooms were spotless, looking like they'd been redecorated yesterday. The bathrooms are modern and equally clean. As with other reviewers, we were pleased to find biscuits, orange juice, and tea and coffee making facilities in the room.
Liz also does not stint on bathroom supplies: shampoo, shower gel, soap, face flannels, shower caps, she has thought of everything. The rooms even had very efficient hairdryers. I wish all our overnight stays were so well-equipped.
The breakfast was delicious and very well cooked and presented. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this B&B

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the house overlook the garden. It could be a little noisier at the front, as th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Ah, folks - my thanks. I do hope the rest of your flying visit to this little bit of the West Country was equally as successfull.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

After just getting back from our stay at this lovely bed and breakfast I was hasty to make this a recommendation of ours!

What a lovely, lovely welcoming owner, Liz was a lovely, chatty, helpful owner who really makes this b&b a home from home, loved the little touches - like the sweets, biscuits, orange juice in the rooms etc. Cosy bed, the room was absolutely spotless, shower - fantastic! And the breakfast - perfect!

Can I go on? Yes! Great location, 10 minutes walk from the cathedral and only 5-8 miles from Cheddar,Shepton and more.

Could not fault this b&b one bit, Liz does a superb job. Thank you!

1  Thank lynsandsteve
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you folks - very much indeed. In Bed and Breakfast it is exceedingly difficult to be 'spot-on' all the time, there are many many things that can go wrong so it is so helpful to know that we do please!
My thanks again.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

We have stayed in many B&Bs in the UK and No. 23 is up there among the best, if not the best. Has to be the best in Wells, surely.
Immaculate with excellent breakfasts. Liz makes you feel as if you are a personal guest in her home with the right balance between helpful friendliness and giving her guests the space they need. What makes it special and above average is the attention to little details..table setting with cloth napkins for example. We spent 4 nights here and could not recommend it more highly!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Having just been away for a couple of days, that was a lovely review to return to! My very special thanks to you, I am so very pleased you enjoyed Wells - the cathedral looked fabulous bathed in sunlight....just after you left - I almost took a photograph to send to you!
With affection.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Excellent service,Nothing too much trouble.
Spotlessley clean,Shower amazing didnt want to get out!!
Liz very affable and so helpful.
Breakfast was great,and plenty of choice
Think Liz is missing a trick by not offering an evening snack or meal,Which she could charge for,Otherwise everything was faultless!

Room Tip: Choose room at rear of property
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Do an evening meal as well....when there are so many excellent eating places in Wells - I couldn't compete! Thank you very much for your review - I do hope you enjoyed your weekend down here and am delighted you are home safe and sound!
Best wishes.