My girlfriend and me had a two-night break booked for us in the cottage at Stowberry House as a present - and it was a thoroughly memorable stay.
From the moment we arrived, Mr and Mrs Young showed us wonderful hospitality, and were incredibly helpful in ensuring we had everything we needed to be comfortable. There were lots of really thoughtful 'personal touches' as well - such a chocolates lying in wait for us by the side of our bed, and also print-outs of the weather forecast for the day ahead...
And Stowberry House itself is a fabulous and charming place - a handsome building set in beautiful grounds offering incredible views of Wells and also Glastonbury Tor in the distance. As we acclimatised to our opulent surroundings, we actually both began to feel a bit like we were starring in a film adaptation of a Jane Austen novel!
The overall highlight though was the continental breakfast - a stunning spread made up largely of Mrs Young's home-made wares, including various different types of home-made bread, scones and muffins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 26 acres of parkland nestles Stoberry House and its beautiful 6 acre gardens with breathtaking views over Wells, its cathedral and the Vale of Avalon. Stoberry is unique being completely surrounded by countryside yet within easy walking distance of the City. This luxury boutique bed and breakfast lies in beautiful surroundings, comfortably furnished reception rooms lead to tastefully and individually decorated en suite bedrooms and I look forward to welcoming you to Stoberry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Stoberry House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoberry House Hotel Wells
- Stoberry House Wells, Somerset