“Tasty but possibly a tad pricey”
Review of Rodney Stoke Inn

Rodney Stoke Inn
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Wells
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Had an evening meal here, the staff were polite and nice, the menu is a bit limited, but then you look at the specials board and realise its a whole second menu. The gf and I both had Pork with mustard cream sauce, this came with chips and salad, Plenty of food for the main meal, and tasty. the meal was 12.95. I did feel that for good pub food (which it essentially is) some of the dishes were a bit overpriced, for instance the 10oz ribeye was over £20, and I'd had the same just 3 miles up the road t'other day for £16, The puddings we had were also tasty (raspberry pavlova and choc caramel crunch) however it was mentioned they were on the small side, tho beautifully presented. Overall a good experience, but not on a shoestring!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have lunched here on several occassions and never had a bad meal.

Yesterday 4 of us went and 2 of us had the tuna and 2 had the chicken lunch.

Both choices were very good. The tuna was cooked as requested and served on mash with a chilli salsa and mixed salad. The chicken lunch is mother's favourite and she orders it every time we go there! Surely that says something? The selection of veggies served with the chicken is always outstanding.

We had some mezze to start off with which were obviously prepared elsewhere and just put onto the serving dish but the quality was excellent and the warm pita chips a nice touch.

The wine list is small but reasonably priced and good quality.

The setting is sublime - beautiful views and a lovely garden.

I would recommend to one and all.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

friendly place with good food and busy atmosphere.
Did not have a long wait for dinner.
It seems a very popular inn.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were driving from Weston to Stonehenge (the long way) and as we were both hungry decided to stop at the first nice looking place which was the Rodney Stoke Inn.
We looked at the menu and both chose our food at the bar. Informed that the kitchen was only open for another 15 minutes by the barman. He seemed particularly grumpy and preoccupied with some people in an adjacent bar.
We sat outside which had an excellent view and nice kept garden.
The starters arrived and we're delicious.
The main course arrived shortly after and was quite nice but the salad was a bit too over prepared and my girlfriend wasn't too keen on the lettuce but that's perhaps her preferance.
The egg on the gammon I had tasted odd too.
Having finished our food, we left to carry on our journey.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have been many times to this restaurant which has been excellent but this time we just felt it was average. The starters and main seemed to be plumped up with a lot of lettuce! Garlic mushrooms were nice. Pate was a bit mushy. The steak was over done and my beet root and Brie pie was tasteless and the bottom of the pastry was not cooked. The pub itself is lovely and the food is well presented but the quality we felt has gone down. Just one little thing it would be nice to be greeted with a smile from the gentleman that was behind the bar.

2  Thank gillwebb