“Tasty food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of cafe galatea - CLOSED

cafe galatea
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
South Wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Tasty and healthy food, excellent service.I especially liked the salads - lots of different flavours squeezed on to one plate!

Visited May 2013

Worcester UK
“FInest vegetarian fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a short break to Glastonbury my wife and I ate at the Café Galatea on a busy(ish) Sunday night. Whilst there are quite a few vegetarian restaurants in the town the menu at this one stood out and we were not disappointed. We both had the Enchiladas as we love Mexican food and they were superb. The starters are excellent as well with a very wide choice. We finished off we a vegan chocolate cake which was awesome. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough as there is a nice relaxed atmosphere (very Glastonbury!) and the staff are friendly and efficient.
The harp playing was interspersed with some poetry which anywhere else would seem out of place but not in Glastonbury :)

• Visited April 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Dining at Galtea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very interesting Latin influenced vegetarian menu served in an attractive and relaxed environment. Dinner was accompanied the the music of John Dalton playing a variety of music on his Celtic harp.

Visited March 2013
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“I real find, er, but they'v been here 20 years?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

So why have we not eaten here before? Well, there is quite a choice in Glastonbury. I have to say, at first glance, it doesn’t actually look like a Restaurant. However, the food is wonderful. I have to say over the years the standard of food elsewhere in the town has lessoned a little, well a lot really. Perhaps this is why, on the night we were there, it was packed. Great vegan food, and willing to cater for special requirements. Service was great and very good price's. 2 starter, 2 mains, plus 2 bottles of Wine cost £62, totally amazing value when you taste the food. I thought the harpist was a cool touch and the friendliness of the atmosphere amazing. There wasn’t any free tables when we arrived and a young couple said, “sit with us” just before a table became available, which was lovely of them. The place could do with a bit of a make over and a tidy up, the tables were really tatty and ours banged back and forth. I had to ask for ours to be cleaned as well. But this is a small moan. All in all, a wonderful place, and we will be back....

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Paul B
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Dont bother you will only be disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I feel that from some of the reviews that people have left they must have visited a different establishment than myself. We have eaten a few times here as we live in Glastonbury and it is the only Vegan Sunday lunch available in the town. Early 2012 you use to get a lovely nut roast real tasty and thick gravy and a good amount. The cook has obviously changed and the nut roast now is VERY bland. We complained the first time and was told we must ask for a different nut roast more vegetables and for the thick gravy. So giving it another try thats exactly what we did. You've guessed it it was exactly the same as last time tasteless. I don't know where this new cook trained but he / she should go back to school. The Galatea is now looking run down and if you look around in need of a good clean. I am sorry to write this being a local but they really do need to up there game or sell up.

• Visited February 2013