“Memorable. Lovely feel. Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dragonfly Bed & Breakfast

Dragonfly Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Dragonfly Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #50 of 56 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Memorable. Lovely feel. Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here back in November 2003 (not '12, but the travel drop on this web site wouldn't let me list any other November) and was just browsing around on Trip Advisor to see if Dragonfly was listed here because I had such a brilliant time but there was no Trip Advisor at the time!
I was a young female 20 something travelling alone and felt perfectly safe. The hospitality was second to none- I was made to feel so welcome - the house was beautifully clean, warm, full of period features and vibrant colours and I still remember our conversation at breakfast about feng shui... and of course the advise on how to get back to Southampton - I had got a little lost on my way there! The breakfast was fresh and organic, the sleep heavy and beautiful. It swept away all my cobwebs at the time.
The B&B is ideally situated for enjoying all Glastonbury has to offer. I have such fond memories! I have always meant to go back but alas not yet been back to Glastonbury. When I do...and I will.... I will definitely book here again - in fact I wouldn't book anywhere else, I would wait for the dates to mutually work! Practically 10 years on...that's saying something!

Room Tip: I stayed in a double room and used the shared bathroom - both were pristine.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nataliastefanos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Read the reviews here before leaving for Glastonbury- once there and over 4 nights- honestly, genuinely shocked anything negative has been written about this place, even if it had a bad day..and truly believe those who did were not being honest!

I travelled with my mam (who usually would choose a big hotel) - she thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, the decor and the people, & was Totally relaxed the whole time- she will be returning... I too, if I get time on a future trip to the UK from Africa:-)

The owner is very nice...her artistic flair & personality definitely revealed through the colours, design, thoughtfulness and cosy feel the B&B has to it. I guess that's what happens when someone is hands-on and puts passion into what they do! & the bathroom is gorgeous! The lady who is with you at breakfast is really helpful, interesting and knowledgable and we had quite a few long morning chats! For people who are not morning people and prefer to sleep (like me), change your mind & meet people over breakfast, really cool atmosphere.

Overall, this place has got style, warmth, comfort and you can feel the 'care' that has been put into it. Its few mins walk to the centre, perfect location! I would definitely recommend to everyone.

Thanks:-) for everything!
Eulua & Lesley <3

Room Tip: We were in the green room- lots of space and at the front so lots of light:-)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I absolutely love Dragonfly. I have been coming for several years and over the last year, frequently with my partner. We LOVE coming to Dragonfly and find it a welcoming, homely, friendly, beautiful, pleasant, characterful and convenient place to stay in Glastonbury.
The rooms are decorated beautifully, with great care, style and colour. (I have been in all of them) The staff are incredibly friendly, easy to chat too, helpful and welcoming. The breakfast is delicious..freshly prepared fruit salad for each table, and help yourself to as much juice, cereal, yoghurt and bread (fresh from the lovely Glastonbury bakery) as you like, tea, coffee..simply gorgeous. Yes there are cats..but they are gorgeous, and you can keep them out your room if you like..but we like to invite our favourite in for some cuddles! I have never ever once seen a flea or anything at all like that in all the years and the MANY many times I have been. It is clean, quirky, characterful and lovely. If you want boring and plain and stuffy, don't come here. If you want friendly, relaxing, colourful and characterful, come here! :)

Room Tip: Every room has it's own unique style and character. You can't go wrong whichever one you hav...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

We have been coming to Dragonfly for about 10yrs now,and all L can say is we love it, a proper home from home. Love the location as it is a few minutes walk from the town. Every morning we go for a walk up the Tor before breakfast, the breakfast is lovely, not much good if its a greasy fry up your looking for though. Every time we have stayed we have been made to feel very welcome. We will certainly keep coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann_Teddington
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Dragonfly is a wonderful, friendly B & B. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, homely and very comfortable and well-equipped. My partner and I always try to book in here when we go to Glastonbury as we've found the quality of accomodation and service excellent. The breakfast is delicious and served with a smile, and we always sleep really well here. My partner has also taken his elderly mother there on several occasions and she also really enjoyed it. I have found no reason at all to be unhappy, and many reasons to thoroughly enjoy my stays there. There is such a lovely atmosphere and the conversations with staff and other guests over breakfast are always delightful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthea N
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

This place was an absolute gem, and I'll go back everytime we visit Glastonbury! Walking distance to everything and the room we had was decorated wonderfully! Pet cats were wondering around and breakfast was good. There was also a garden out the back and the shared bathroom was clean and amazingly decorated.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mimidrags
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is the most disgusting B&B i have ever stayed in - I got better accommodation halfway up a mountain in a Berber village in Northern Africa. Be aware - there are other rooms than those on the website and they are not fit for purpose.This place breaks most health and safety, fire protection and building regulations going. The manager is never there and seems to be avoiding my complaint!
This was my first and only trip away in nearly 3 years and I came back more stressed out than when I went. Left after 1 sleepless night.
Yeah the cat is cute, but not when washing its bum on the breakfast table. I can't comment on the breakfast - after watching the cat I thought better of it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family