“Glasto Premier Inn”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Glastonbury
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Glasto Premier Inn”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

It was a very nice hotel the experience was enjoyable. The facilities were applicable and everything went smoothly the location was ideal for where i wanted to be. The beds and comfort of the hotel were ideal

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tanialoop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed in a lot of Premier Inn's as they have great rooms, great staff and the prices are excellent value.
However, the last thing I expected since arriving today was a herd of elephants racing back & forth and jumping in the room above us! ...5 hours and counting.
As any parent knows, getting your young child off to sleep can be an extreme challenge at the best of times, so to deal with ignorant uncivilised idiots banging around above us to the point that it's making our ceiling lights rattle is making our first nights stay a living hell so far!
Within 10 minutes of arrival and getting into our room I noticed the idiots banging around above us. One of the reasons for our short break here was to escape our loud uncivilised idiot neighbours back home so you can imagine how fed up I am right now...like a home away from home, ugh!
I went to reception after putting up with the noises for half hour to see if they could have a word with the idiots or relocate us but I was told by the nice polite receptionist that they cannot intervene and cannot put us in a different room. That wasn't what I wanted to hear at all!
When I mentioned that I hope this doesn't go on all night, the receptionist assured me that the noises will be stopped as they patrol the hallways from 10 p.m. and take action then if the noises persist. This is mainly due to Premier Inn's good night's sleep guarantee where they have to refund you if you don't have a good night's sleep.
The 10 p.m. silence patrol thing is all well and good but quite frankly I don't want my child to suffer and not be able to sleep until that late when their bedtime is between 7 and 8 p.m. at home.
Surely the managers at these hotels can do something and take immediate action rather than upset loyal customers like myself.
I am currently clock watching (it's 9:40 p.m.) while my wife and I try to calm down our crying overtired child who would have normally been sleeping for hours by now.
If the noises persist after 10 p.m. I will be marching to reception and expecting the manager to sort the idiots out and I'm going to request that we be moved to a new room for the remaining days here if these idiots will be staying above us for another day! It's the very least Premier Inn can do for us.
I gave this hotel 2 stars so far as the staff are great, the family room is nice and the Brewers Fayre food was very good.
I'll be updating my review and rating in accordance with how well the issues are dealt with. Wish me luck!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Tel G
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Sussex
Reviewed August 23, 2014

except WIFI which is so bad as to be unusable. At best it gives about 1 Mbit/sec and seems intent of kicking me off every 5-10 minutes and throwing all of my in-progress web page loads over to its sign in page (despite having signed in and been accepted 5-10 minutes before).

On the plus side the sound proofing is VERY good - cannot hear a thing from the road outside and the car park is spacious and safe.

I thought it would be worse being in an industrial estate but the views are surprisingly good - hills, open land and even a view of the Tor from the front side (upper floors would be afforded a good view).

OK In order:

Plus points:

Lack of noise;
Air con works;
Bathroom works;
Clean and impeccable decor as usual for Premier Inn;
Price not bad;
Friendly staff;
TV has HDMI port enabled if you bring your own device.

Minus points:

Dire WIFI - 3G on EE is working better for me right now;
Horrible Brewers Fayre next door for breakfast;
Family rooms are small and cramped (compared to Newport/Telford Premier Inn which had really spacious rooms);
Dodgy plug on desk lamp that I wonder how it managed to pass a PAT test (or whatever it's called today) in Jan 2014. 2cm of unsheathed cores visible outside of plugtop. Find it hard to believe it could have been terminated correctly then suddenly got like that. Makes me question the thoroughness of the electrical safety testing at this place. Did report to reception. Be amazed if anyone ever fixes it.

Horrid Kimberly-Clark toilet tissue things - ugh! I hate trying to gather a bunch of loose tissues that take forever to get a few out then collapse into a pile of singles before they can be put to use. I am wise to this and bought my own bog rolls. But - really - NO. Drop these insidious KC things and get some proper bog rolls in!

Yes - I would stay here again if I was in this precise area. But I'd rather not if there was a better choice.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing the road for a possible good view of the Tor.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We called in for an overnight stay en route to Cornwall. The welcome, as ever with Premier Inn, was welcoming and efficient. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped. The bathroom spotlessly clean. What's not to like? We will use this Premier Inn again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Only stayed here for two nights whilst visiting nearby attractions. Hotel is ideally situated, with a good restaurant next door. Staff were friendly and helpful. Although situated fairly close to a main road there was no traffic noise. Would certainly stay here again.

1 Thank cab1820
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here one night. The young man on reception was really warm and welcoming which was nice, well done. We were on the ground floor, I usually ring in advance as I prefer a top floor room but forgot on this occassion, wish I had though as they had rented the room above us to a herd of wildebeast, who thanks god, piped it down in time for bed, otherwise I would have asked for a room change. I find with PI that you cannot hear a thing from adjoining rooms but if you have a room above you, you could be in for a noisy time. You don't seem to get this with Travelodge and its because I think, they tend to be in older buildings that are built more solid, that said I prefer Premier Inn as they are always so clean and welcoming. I slept like a log thank god, beds are heaven. We ate in Brewers Fayre next door which I have reviewed separately. Rooms clean and spotless, well done.

Room Tip: Top Floor is a must!!!
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We were travelling with our granddaughter(10) & decided to stop for the night.We have stayed at all the budget hotels (Travelodge, Ibis Holiday Inn Express etc.)& found this definitely the best.On arrival receptionist very helpful.The room was very spacious for the 3 of us.We decided to take their meal deal at the Brewers Fayre next door.The deal included a 2 course dinner with a drink and breakfast.The dinner was very good & service of the starter & main course very prompt. My wife & granddaughter ordered ice cream for dessert & it took half an hour to arrive despite asking twice where it was. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a really good choice.
Will definitely stop at Premier Inn again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Travelodge Glastonbury
Best Western Plus Swan Hotel
Wookey Hole Hotel
Wookey Hole Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole

Been to Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel? Share your experiences!