“Family 1 night stay”

Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Glastonbury
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Lovely clean, fresh and friendly hotel. Very good value for money, definitely stay again rather than in the manly Travelodge down the road!!!!
This hotel is a handy 5-10 minutes walk from 24hour Tesco, B&Q, subway, dominoes, garage and KFC, all free parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I spent a comfortable couple of nights here. The rooms have generous floor space and reasonably sized bathrooms, which compensate for the comparative lack of hanging and storage space. My room was very quiet, being on the car park side of the building, apart from some noise from the guest in the room above walking around heavily. The windows don't open as the rooms are fully air conditioned, so fans of fresh air might be unhappy.

I can't comment on the breakfast in the adjoining Brewers Fayre, but I had an excellent evening meal at the nearby Bocabar (closed Monday evenings).

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BallsPond
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here as a family for 2 nights. As I expect now from Premier Inns the rooms are comfy and clean and the staff friendly and helpful. This was a relatively new one and I was bemused slightly that they built it right next to the main road but put the carpark beside the quiet access road. That said, Premier do have it nailed with sound-proofing and I wasn't disturbed.

The breakfast served in the Brewer's Fayre next door was hit and miss. The first morning was pretty awful - had to wait frequently for various hot items to be brought to the buffet and things like the hash browns soggy. The service area needed better monitoring - there were no clean teaspoons and empty packaging left on the sides. The second morning was a totally new team and what a difference - spotless, nothing left hanging around, food better cooked and pots of clean teaspoons with the yoghurts and hot drinks.

I would recommend the Premier Inn, but perhaps go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had a great stay here, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and our room was spacious and clean.After a long day travelling it was great to soak in the comfortable bath with endless hot water.The restaurant next door was adequate with a speedy service. We were able to walk easily into Glastonbury the next morning before we continued our travels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed her for one night with partner. Easy parking but little close to road. Staff very friendly. Room clean and basic but quite expensive for a PI £97 severally over priced. Could do with plug socket by the bed. Restaurant - breakfast was good although too expensive but good selection but took too long as its to order but plenty of things inbetween to nibble on. Meal in evening (Saturday) appalling. Long wait to get served. Bent and dirty cutlery and condiments. Glad I didn't choose buffet as dried out and greasy buffet. Menus were filthy. Our meals were basic, small and terrible. Seriously need to change your caterers. Shame it's associated with hotel. If I knew there were was a Tesco behind it and KFC at the time we would have eaten there.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank RubiesG
Reviewed January 26, 2014

New, modern hotel lives up to the usual, high standards of good Premier Inns. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the rooms spotlessly clean and the beds comfy. The only drawback is its situation very close to a busy road where noise from traffic, especially lorries and HGVs speeding past throughout the night can be disrupting to light sleepers.

Meals are served in the adjacent Brewers Fayre and the food is a huge let down when it eventually arrives.

On our first night, I had reserved a table for eight o'clock. When we arrived at seven fifty five, the waiter apologised and said that one of the staff had given our table to someone else and we had to wait ten minutes until another one was made available. Then we waited an hour and twenty minutes from ordering to service. On the second night, we decided to eat from the themed buffet (chicken on Saturdays) to avoid another long wait. I queued behind two other diners for almost twenty minutes before I was able to place my order (ordering is done at the bar), only to have the process interrupted by a very irate lady who had been waiting for her order for two hours.

The buffet consisted of portions of dry, overcooked, breadcrumb coated, tastless chicken pieces,
chips, beans and battered onion rings. We were still hungry, so decided to have dessert. Forty five minutes after ordering, it had still not arrived, so I had to chase it up. How long does it take to put a slice of gateaux and a scoop of ice cream in a dish? When it did arrive, they had got it wrong and brought a 'sharing' sundae for my grandson. It was huge! When I said I had not ordered it, the waitress insisted that I must have because that was what had come through to the kitchen. Luckily, the young man who took the order, admitted that the mistake was his.

Having said all this, every member of staff was lovely, so I couldn't be angry with them.

Would I stay at the hotel again? Yes, but I would try to get a room away from the main road. Would I eat at the restaurant again? Absolutely not!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main road. Steer clear of the restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gemma G
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Lovely warm welcome into a lovely warm and clean Inn. Little bit away from the main shops but next to a supermarket for supplies if required. Glastonbury itself was a wee bit of a let down for us; possibly everyone's attitude was a bit damp like the weather. 30 minutes free Wifi never enough.

Room Tip: Back rooms next to road but no noise problem and better views of hills and city.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diddums M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Travelodge Glastonbury
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole
Mullions Hotel
Mullions Hotel
#1 of 2 in Street

Been to Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel? Share your experiences!