“spiritual journey to find a wedding dress”
Review of Berachah

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Berachah
Ranked #7 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying here twice now and each time has been a wonderful and magical experience. I would recommend berachah to anyone the house is beautiful and the owner Jan is very welcoming. It is a very peaceful spiritual place in a perfect setting I wish we could have stayed forever and we certainly intend to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Beckibeanie

Reviewed January 7, 2014

"I originally chose the Berachah because of it's prime location at the foot of the Tor & next to the Chalice Well Gardens ... it has such a lovely peaceful atmosphere. The kitchen/ dining room has amazing views and the comfy lounge is a great place to chill out with a good book. I like having the freedom to make my own breakfast at my leisure and being able to use the kitchen in the evening as an alternative to eating out. There's a great selection of teas & coffee to help yourself to at any time; so much better than those little sachets & UHT milk in hotel rooms. Jan's beautiful artwork that decorates the b&b is a great bonus & adds to the relaxing atmosphere."
Jan was also very lovingly helpful with the things I needed, extra heater, taxi, etc. and I will surely stay there again when going to Glastonbury :)
Inger A

1  Thank Inger A
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Welcoming, relaxed, beautifully decorated - I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay at Beracha. Everything you need for a comfortable visit and really couldn't be more conveniently located for Chalice Well Gardens or the Tor. Jan was a perfect host - helpful and approachable and discreetly around on site. All good. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the single Blue Angel room - everything you need, except perhaps a wash-hand basin, but...
2  Thank Sarah I
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was my third stay at Berachah & I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Glastonbury. I stayed in the Blue Room which is a lovely single room. I sleep with the window open & there was very little noise from the road below. It shares a bathroom with another room but that was no problem. The shower is very good & it's nice to have the option of having a soak in the bath. I originally chose the Berachah because of it's prime location at the foot of the Tor & next to the Chalice Well Gardens & keep going back because it has such a lovely peaceful atmosphere. The kitchen/ dining room has amazing views and the comfy lounge is a great place to chill out with a good book. I like having the freedom to make my own breakfast at my leisure and being able to use the kitchen in the evening as an alternative to eating out. There's a great selection of teas & coffee to help yourself to at any time; so much better than those little sachets & UHT milk in hotel rooms. If i hadn't had to get home to my dog I would have extended my stay for some more R&R. Jan's beautiful artwork that decorates the b&b is a great bonus & adds to the relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: The blue (single) & pink (twin) rooms share a bathroom so are good if you are travelling on a bu...
1  Thank CowWhisperer
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I feel blessed to have found Berachah where I spent a lovely weekend in the Blue Angel room. Berachah is at the base of the path that winds its way up the Tor and next door to the Chalice Well, both amazing experiences. I spent the weekend on the Tor, so wonderful. Jan was warm and friendly. I feel like I spent the weekend at a dear friend's home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Annie K
Reviewed November 24, 2013

From the moment you drive up the steep driveway, you feel somewhere a little 'special'....instinctively enchanting..
You're presented with a striking white kingdom, complete with towering turret and design features of a seemingly 'freehand' nature. But with it, a protective canopy of mature trees and foliage that soften the edges and give it a home from home warmth and unmistakable beauty.
Set into the Tor itself, and overlooking the Chalice Well, it is quite literally 'connected' to the heart of the area, and you feel a sense of this, spiritually minded or not. You feel welcome even before you venture inside!

Inside is like a 'home', to all that care to stay. Not stiff or starchy or formal. Your'e a friend rather than a guest.
But it does this without compromising standards you would expect, such as cleanliness, hygiene and beautiful little 'touches' that make you feel special.
I've stayed in every room over the years, each themed by colour, and most adorned with some of Jan's amazing silk paintings, connecting you to your host.
All rooms are warm, comfortable and welcoming with easy access to the rest of the house, including 'open' kitchen and living room, with patio's, panoramic views and garden rest areas.

And what can I say of your host...Jan
A lovely lady, warm and friendly with a wealth of information about the area if you care to ask.
Always happy to help or facilitate, without being obtrusive or overwhelming. Such a relaxed manner. You kinda feel like you've known her for years...
And if you want a real treat, u absolutely MUST visit the shop run by Jan and her lovely daughter Rachel. 'Facets of Avalon'. Inside you will discover that this talented duo have created some of the most unique, beautiful and inspired silks and woven wire jewellery you are ever likely to see, ambassadors for the wealth of local artistic flair and talent that seeps from every pore of this magical place...
I will return here again and again I hope, and strongly suggest you do the same. You'll be touched...

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank listy_2013
Reviewed October 31, 2013

A warm and gentle greeting, a warm and comfortable bed, a very interesting library, bright kitchen to enjoy a great breakfast ... what a special spot overlooking the chalice well garden and beside the white spring and path to the Tor. Thank you, Jan, for your gentle spirit and encouraging me into the energy of this place for my special journey. Blessings from Australia to the Isle of Avalon. Your magic was very special.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo