“Great location & welcome”

The Who'd A Thought It Inn Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I travelled down for a long weekend away. My friend had stayed here the month before and recommended it. I'm not one for inns, b&b but I may have changed my mind. A two night stay in a very comfortable, modern and clean room with ensuite with a great home cooked breakfast and a very warm welcome made the break. Very central, free parking, outdoor eating and helpful and friendly staff. Discount is given if you're a resident eating in the bar. The food was good pub grub. Easy walking distance to all the main tourist attractions too and a stone throw to the main centre. Loved it and will return as soon as I can.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We chose this pub for lunch as it is very dog friendly. Kudos for that. But I'm afraid that us the only good thing I can say about it. My wife chose a cheese omelette from the " light bites" menu. I suppose they may have put cheese in it but not so you could taste. I chose their special "Whoody" burger at £11.25. It was one if the most horrible burgers I have ever eaten - or rather not eaten as I gave it to the dog. It's like the kind of junk the man in van sells outside B&Q on a Saturday. And to charge that much for if was simply adding insult to injury. The chips which accompanied both meals had a unique tasteless, cardboard "here's one we made earlier" quality. The salad which came with both dishes was swamped with coriander which we were both allergic to. Add to this charmless bar staff who gave the place a funeral air and this is one place I never want to return to.

vkayt, Owner at The Who'd A Thought It Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

On the day of your visit to the who'd a thought it, there was a funeral party mourning the loss of grace who passed away, 87, grace was a regular and very much a part of the community, grace was wheelchair bound, but still came into the pub for her 2 bottles of Guinness. All the team at the who'd a thought it, were very sad of the loss of grace. Your lack of understanding for peoples mourning has upset our team, if you ever return to the who'd a thought it, try the children's menu £5.95.
Bill, Ness and all the Team

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were a party of 4 who dined in this restaurant twice. The first night we all had the steak with Stilton. We all had different 'doneness' and all the steaks were cooked to the individual's preference. One of the best steaks I have had in England (and I've lived here 2 years). Sticky toffee puddings to finish - very nice. The second time we all had something different and everyone was happy with their choice - lamb cutlets, steak and ale pie, read thai curry and shed of sausages. I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a meal in Glastonbury - vegetarian or meat eater.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Visited twice and ate heartily, good menu, good beers. Very nice surroundings and atmosphere. Could have had a dessert and coffee but no-one thought to offer them.......whoops, missed out there. Pay more attention.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good food served with a warm welcome. A varied menu at not a unreasonable price, served by welcoming staff.

1  Thank SBassett