“lovely quiet retreat”
Review of Jasmin Cottage

Jasmin Cottage
Ranked #9 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a sweet homey place to land after a long journey. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. You are 5 minutes walk from the center of town but removed enough to be quiet. The made to order breakfast in the garden was the perfect way to start the day. And if you want to pamper yourself Justine is an amazing bodyworker with a plethora of skills and training to cater to the needs of the individual. I have stayed here twice and will return whenever my travels lead me to Glastonbury. Mahalo nui loa for your hospitality and grace.

Carrie

Room Tip: If you have a problem with stairs pick the tree room it is on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was at this B&B for 6 nights in July 2013 and never regretted it. It's just 5 minutes away (by foot) from the City Centre in a quiet street, and Justine welcomes you with tips, advice and directions, if needed.
I think Justine is the perfect host : warm, gentle, is great to chat with, and makes wonderful breakfast, in particular eggs. Her cat adds the final touch !
She has set a warm and peaceful atmosphere throughout the house ; you can read in the living room, sip tea and listen to music, or just day dream in the beautiful garden.
It's a perfect place for people who need to find calm, peace and gentleness.
I had the Tree room at the front of the house, painted in green. At first I was not so sure about such a vivid green, but it proved very soothing ; I slept like a log every night. The bathroom was to share, but it was all very comfortable since there were only ladies there at the time.
Also you get to meet interesting people and you can chat at the breakfast table.
I will probably be back, and this time, I will book a massage with Justine, well in advance !
I warmly recommend Jasmin Cottage for solo ladies.

Sophie, from France.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sophie B
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just got back from a trip to the UK with my Mom. We packed a lot into 2 weeks and our stay in Glastonbury was at the half-way point. Honestly, we couldn't have picked a better place to catch our breath, rest and re-group. Justine is awesome! From the time we started emailing each other I knew she was a kindred spirit. She was responsive, helpful and personable. I quickly sent "Thanks but no thanks" notes to all the other B&B's I'd been corresponding with.The only room she had available at the time was the Flower room, and while we weren't really excited about sharing a bathroom, we decided that Jasmin Cottage had just the right combination of location, ambiance & amenities.

We arrived late afternoon after a frustrating trip (navigating Bristol & the buses somehow turned out to be more complicated that it needed to be) and stepped into a peaceful pool of tranquility. We moved our suitcases into our room and started unpacking - there was a delicious breeze wafting in the window, which was very welcome during the very unseasonably warm weather the UK had been experiencing. My Mom poked her head into the Peacock Room across the hall and saw that it had an en-suite bath and that it wasn't made-up for guests. When we asked Justine - she explained that she'd had a last minute cancellation so we jumped at the chance to switch. We were a bit out of sorts - hot & tired, so we decided to leave moving our things until we'd had a bite of something.

Justine supplied a map that she highlighted with many possible restaurants, pubs and cafes and we headed out in search of food. We tried Knights for fish and chips (one of her excellent suggestions) and it was delicious! Then we walked along the high street and looked into the shops and enjoyed the fresh, coolness that was beginning to seep into our senses. When we got back to the cottage, Justine had moved all of our belongings to the new room! We were SO touched by her kindness & it was wonderful to be able to just sink in to the lovely bed and relax instead of moving suitcases, clothes from the closet and toiletries. AND the added surprise of Apache snuggled on the duvet made it perfect. Only a few days before, my sister had called and told my Mom that their cat Belle was at the emergency room and after long discussion with the vet - they had had to make the very hard and painful decision to have her put to sleep. Mom was still reeling with having to lose her beloved pet when she was so far away & Apache must have known she needed some kitty-therapy. We insisted that Apache was welcome to stay, and she actually slept with us for the three nights we were there. In fact when we were packing to leave, Apache climbed into my suitcase and took a nap :)

We had breakfast in the beautiful garden every morning, enjoying the butterfly bush, roses and especially the fragrant jasmine. The food was wonderful - carefully prepared, beautifully presented and filled with loving intention. Justine is also gifted massage therapist, so I treated my mother to a Lomi-Lomi massage in the lovely treatment room in the back garden. She couldn't say enough good things about her experience and she had the first really good sleep she'd had the whole trip that night. We were even able to have a load of washing done & when we missed the last bus up to the Tor - Justine dropped us off in her car.

In the end, Jasmin Cottage is so much more than just a place to lay your head and park your suitcase - there is a calm, healing energy there that draws you in and nurtures your spirit, and Justine truly cares about the people who share her home. We felt pampered, appreciated and special - and we left renewed and ready for the rest of our trip.

Room Tip: Hands down I think the Peacock Room is the best - the decor is lovely & the bathroom is spacious...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Celticfairiefae
justineGlastonbury, Owner at Jasmin Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

The pleasure was mutual and you guys were just so entertaining and knowlegeable! I am thrilled you loved your stay and hope onme day to host you at Jasmin Cottage again in the near future...Avalon Blessings from myself and Apache who misses you I know for sure! x

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've just spent two nights at Jasmin Cottage with two of my daughters and it was the perfect place for us to enjoy some special time together. The evening in the garden sipping herbal teas, with the scent of the jasmine wafting past, will stay long in our memories.
I had the Tree Room and they shared the Flower Room: the rooms are beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable and we all slept well.
Justine is wonderfully welcoming and provides the most delicious breakfasts with excellent fruit salad, yummy eggs and the best butter I've tasted in a long time!
I floated though the second evening, after one of Justine's massages, and several days later I can still feel the difference in my neck and shoulders.
I hope to be back some time with all three of my daughters.

Room Tip: I loved the deep green walls and tree pictures in the Tree Room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent a wonderful weekend here whilst at the Glastonbury Festival and it is a fantastic place to stay. The owner Justine is extremely welcoming and makes you feel instantly at home. We stayed in the Tree room on the ground floor and the room was lovely and tidy and extremely comfortable, with no noise issues whatsoever even though on the ground floor. We would definitely stay there again if we are staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
justineGlastonbury, Owner at Jasmin Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

It was fun having you guys stay and look foreward to a return visit hopefully from you! x

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have had a few great stays at this warm and inviting B&B. The owner, Justine, is a very warm and welcoming host. Always ready to help. She has the knack of talking, but knowing when to leave you in peace. She really makes you feel special.

Room Tip: I stayed in the tree room. Lovely calm room, ideal to relax in or just take the stress out of the da...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2013

thankyou to Justine for a very peaceful stay in Jasmin Cottage. the room was perfect, quiet and relaxing. breakfast (eggy bread or french toast) was delicious and the company was warm and friendly. Highly recommended. Note: there are no TV's but lots of books to read. I would definitely stay again. apache the cat was extremely affectionate too!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
justineGlastonbury, Owner at Jasmin Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Jasmin Cottage B&B thanks you for your review and looks foreward to hosting you again in the near future. Avalon Blessings