“Curry & Jazz Night”

Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a pleasant evening here Thursday night on Curry & Jazz night.
Although neither of us has the curry buffet it looked and smelt fantastic.
Nice friendly atmosphere, lots of locals enjoying the themed night too.
For dinner we had the Meade Chicken Supreme & Swanky Chicken Rundown.
The Swanky Chicken was nice, but the Meade wasn't quite to my husband's taste even though he likes Meade - the combo didn't quite work.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

A really friendly and lively pub. Very welcoming people. Live music. Welcomes dogs. Adorable resident cat too. Food looked good but we didn't eat there.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

I've reviewed the Hawthorns before. I've stayed there a few times now.

It's a great, friendly hotel/pub.

The food is excellent, prepared with good ingredients and with care and attention.

Lots of people have mentioned the Curries. I'm going to as well. All the curries we had during our stay were fresh, interesting and delicious. The buffet style dining on Thursday nights is a great way to take a trek across the menu, with a different region highlighted each week.

They do a particularly nice fish pie, full of interesting seafood and smoked fish. Recommended.

The music venue has had a facelift recently. It'a made a much more open space with better seating for people who want to see the stage. You can get live music most nights.

While we were there, we saw the local blues jam, as well as a great set by and Irish singer songwriter.

OK - this may impact upon noise levels in the rooms immediately above the stage but I'd guess you know that when you book ...

It didn't trouble us anyway - we were down in the bar enjoying it!

Breakfasts remain superb. Plentiful, well cooked. Skip lunch after this.

OK - The Hawthorns is not for everyone. If you want a quiet, static, dull place to lay your head, try elsewhere.

But if you like great food, good music and a proper pub atmosphere, this is probably your cup of tea. Or pint.

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

I am such a fussy mare but this place.............

Food divine, I ordered the burger, was so tastey probably the best I have had in a long time. Service was quick, friendly and attentive.

I like my tea with my dessert, this at some places causes the staff to pull a face, but not here so lovely.

Considering I was by myself I did not feel out of place.

Pub has amazing paintings on the wall, my favourite “starting the fire”, I love how the markings all joined.

Definitely will be back.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

During a wet Easter Saturday we popped our heads in asking if dogs were welcome , no problem at all and we had a very good lunch ...on seeing the curry menu we asked if we could book a table for Bank Holiday Monday night for 6 adults and 9 Bearded Collies and were told 'Of Course you can' ..We duly arrived and found a large bowl of fresh water waiting under the table and a VERY warm welcome . 6 delicious meals for all of us and EXCELLENT service from the lovely staff. We will absolutely return on every visit to Glastonbury and the only negative was that they refused to move Lock , Stock and Barrel to my home town ...lol . Totally recommended to anyone with dogs or without .