Tordown Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Glastonbury
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Wessex Hotel(Street)
Millbatch Farm(Glastonbury)
Meare Manor(Glastonbury)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsamethyst roomorganic vegetarianb bsuperb hostsshower productshome from homenew agethank you so muchrooms are beautifulminute walksingle roomcomfortable bedguest housea lovely stayglastonbury torcup of teacooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Tordown for 3 nights in the Citrine Room which is on the ground floor, which saved lugging our suitcases upstairs.

The room is just Bliss, a massive comfortable King size twin bed, beautiful ensuite, quaility organic shampoos and conditioners.

The room is filled with light.

The owners, Cheryl and Michael, are dedicated to making your stay a wonderful experience, the organic vegetarian breakfasts are just fab, with the sound of birds and spiritual music playing in the back ground.

The place is packed with crystals in every room, angel cards are on every bookshelf and corner.

I would reccomend this B&B to any lightworker, it was just heaven,

Room Tip: Citrine Room if you don't like climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I very recently attended a 4 day sound healing workshop in Glastonbury and was in need of a B&B which would provide me with the comfort & support that i would need during my stay. I feel very blessed to have found this tranquil place. As soon as i arrived, i immediately recieved a warm welcome by Michael who took my luggage to the room i would be staying in. Every room is named after a Crystal & also has that Crystal in the room. The room i occupied was called the Rose Quartz room & had a lovely average size Rose Quartz Crystal situated near the bed which after an exhausting day was very much appreciated. It is very apparent how important it is, that ones stay here is to the owners michael & Cheryl. The Angels at Tordown seems to be aptly named as it realy does provide a very healing space where one can easily relax and rejuvenate. The Tordown is within very easy walking distance of Glastonbury town & also has adequate parking. In addition, there is plenty of very interesting and inspiring literature to read aswell. Unfortuanetly, because of my early morning starts , i did'nt have time for a cooked breakfast, but they still catered for this. The owners have realy created a wonderfuly angelic space , complimented with crystals, where one can truly relax & after being a frequent visitor to Glastonbury i would say this is very much needed. Would i stay again? Without a doubt...Only next time, i bring a friend so i could try out the other rooms. :) Garan-jon

Room Tip: During my stay i found the room to be very satisfactory and a very quite & peacefull ambience.
Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at Tordown over Easter for a few nights...and it was really a very wise decision for me to go there...the B&B really can be called Angels at Tordown...cause the owners Michael and Sheryl are friendly, very helpful, talk to their guests and take care about them, so that it can be a healing and harmonic time in Glastonbury.
Sheryl showed me a few nice places to go in Glastonbury, helped me to get rid of my cough by serving the right tea, and having a relaxing bath in the whirlpool was really the right thing for healing my cold in that uncomfortable, cold time :).
Many different angel cards and the rose - quartz in my room were my personal favourite...

I thank you so much and I´m looking so forward to coming again when I will be back to Glastonbury one time.
It was really a happy Easter!

Marlene from Austria

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've stayed before and will undoubtedly go back again to this unique B&B. The owners, Cheryl and Michael, are dedicated to making your stay a wonderful experience. The rooms are immaculately clean and well-appointed with gorgeous 'green' toiletries and beautifully comfortable beds. The best night's sleep I've had in weeks. My room was on the ground floor and in the morning I opened the curtains to see a garden full of birds and a breathtaking view of the countryside.
The breakfast menu includes every imaginable organic cereal and home-made bread and I can definitely recommend the scrambled eggs!
The whole place exudes peace and well-being and when you have to leave you do so with a far more tranquil outlook than when you arrived!

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank E G
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Tordown: our 8th visit over the last five years. We adore it. The views across the valley are spectacular and we have always enjoyed the best sleep of our lives due to the amazing beds and tranquil atmosphere in the house. The rooms have all possible amenities (including top of the range eco toiletries!) and are always immaculately clean. The owner is the perfect landlady, welcoming and hospitable but never intrusive. A major plus for us is the breakfast service, with the option of both continental and cooked on-the-spot, including lovely fresh bread, baked specifically for us every morning. We highly recommend Tordown to anyone looking for a comfortable and relaxing break in idyllic surroundings. Last but not least the location: turn right for a short walk into town and left to be within seconds in peaceful country lanes, beneath the Tor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple