“Chocolate Heaven!”

The Chocolate House
Ranked #13 of 14 things to do in Dunster
More attraction details
Owner description: The Chocolate House in Dunster is the home of Nutcombe Chocolates of Minehead. Come and visit us to buy handmade chocolates and a range of interesting gifts. Our cosy cafe is the idea place to indulge yourself with hot chocolates, teas, coffees and cold drinks and ice creams, not to mention home made cakes!
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chocolate Heaven!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We travelled up to Dunster on Saturday to collect 200 Easter Eggs that had been made for us by Richard and Lorna. These are prizes for a local Easter Egg Hunt. While we were there we had two lovely mugs of hot chocolate, this was absolutely delicious and just what we needed after the drive and freezing cold weather outside! We also had some very tasty home made Ginger cake, and some Whortleberry and Coconut cake. It was refreshing to have something different from the usual cafe offerings, and being cafe owners ourselves, we had a lovely chat putting the world to rights. Really lovely, thank you! I am hoping we run out of Easter Eggs so that we need to come up again!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Rob K

Bath, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy and homely”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just bought some honey and orange chocolate. O.M.G. absolutely amazing. A lovely little shop with a café at the back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lisa B
Somerset
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“More than a treat!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

There is always a friendly welcome here at any time of year. Wonderfully warm in winter and cool in summer but this is no place to calorie count. You are surrounded by chocolate produce & more.
The Chocolate House is more than a cafe, here you can indulge in a large mug of hot chocolate with real chocolate, huge slices of delicious cakes, one is made with Whortleberry jam, this fruit grows on Exmoor and is a feature of the area. There is also a chocolate fountain where you can dip kebabs of fresh fruit or marshmallows.
If you prefer there is top quality Miles local coffee & tea both to have made for you straight away or to buy in a packet to take home.
The chocolate & chocolates are made locally by the owners in all sorts of flavours and designs, often seasonal shapes & displayed on the shelves to tempt you. Wonderful gifts. The quality is excellent, very moorish. Also found that special chocolate from Willies Chocolate Factory, 100% single bean cacao for the dedicated, as well as delicious locally made jams & quality crafts. Real ice cream too with a variety of flavours and all reasonably priced too.
It is in the village, you may be lucky enough to park here but more likely it would be the main car park on the way in from the main road. There are 2 disabled parking spaces in the centre of the village not far from this shop.
I love coming here but I have to ration myself. Forget being like a kiddie in a sweet shop - this is a big treat for adults too.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Toopaz
Yeovil
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Like being welcomed into a friends home as a long lost friend...”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a lovely experience. I bought my two children here for a culpa and cake and was welcomed so warmly it made my day. Service with this much care and attention to detail, a smile and interesting conversation is a rare thing these days.
There was cake for my 9 year old, finger puppets for my 1 year old to play with and a delightful little treat plate of free yummy chocolate samples for me! what more could I have asked?
I think it sad that this is so rare that I feel I should blog about it but I am so happy to have found such a lovely little gem of a place so close to my home I intend to make sure they get the recognition they deserve.
That's how it should be done :)

Visited February 2013
2 Thank AngeHardy
London, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“hidden gem”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have visited this little gem several times in the last 3 year, situated directly opposite the castle hotel it sells a variety of locally sourced chocolates and the tea shop provides a welcome break after a walk on the moors, cheerful and helpful staff make it a great place to stop for tea/coffee and hand made cakes and the chocolate are a welcome change from the mass produced products sold elsewhere, If you visit Dunster i would recommend you pop in and while there take advantage of the local knowledge freely given by the owners to help you enjoy your stay in a most beautiful part of somerset

Visited January 2013