“Thai in Cheddar”

Lao Thai Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Cheddar
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Notice: Unfortunately due to maintenance work, LaoThai Restaurant is closed from 04/01/2018 for a period of time, TakeAway and Delivery may still be available so please call to check, we apologies for any inconvenience and hope to welcome you in a near future :) -LaoThai team Probably the only Lao restaurant in Britain offering tasty and fresh Lao cooking and Thai cuisine.The dishes are all authentic Lao and Issan, northern Thai, and offer a mixtures of tastes, textures, spices and colours. These include some of the most popular Lao and Thai dishes with some favourites of those who've travelled around the Far East. The dishes are homemade and individually cooked to order to reflect the customer's preferences. This does take time but ensures great tastes and therefore is appropriate for those not in a rush - Lao speed. Text reservations to mobile number on website.Up to date opening hours are on the website.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Really nice restaurant with friendly staff and great food. Had a quiet atmosphere when we visitied however from speaking to the staff understand that they are usually almost full - always a good sign.

2  Thank 893James

Reviewed September 26, 2013

On a recent visit to Cheddar this was one of the few places in the evening with custom, and it is easy to see why. The service was impeccable, a very friendly on arrival (me and my wife), without being obtrusive. The menu is really two menus in one - Thai and Laos - colour coded. We had Laos, recognising some of the dishes from our visit to Laos. The food came timely, not too fast so that we had time to enjoy the complimentary crackers and chilli dip, but not so slowly that we had finished the bottle of Merlot! Both our dishes came out together and were perfectly cooked - as good as any we had in Laos. It was also good to see traditional Laos deserts on the menu rather than the standard ice cream selections so often offered!! Total bill for 2 mains, 2 deserts and a bottle of Merlot was £42... Excellent vale for money..

5  Thank travellerdavid
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Service very good and my food very tasty but my husbands a bit bland. Maybe stay with the currys.
Toliets st a bit strange as they are in the entrance next to the road.

2  Thank Crickham10
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not been in this restaurant before, which is mad as we've lived in Cheddar for 18 years!
Had a lovely meal and heartily recommend it, the service was excellent too.
My hubby had a soup starter which I cannot remember the name but know it was the Lao special soup and it was delicious, the flavours were very special.
We also enjoyed chatting to the owner at the end of the evening as he had been to a lot of Asia and it was really interesting to hear about and he certainly knew his stuff.
Why not have a change from your usual chinese or indian and give the Thai a try :)

4  Thank bowiechoc
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've been to this restaurant a few times now but it's changed since we last went. They now do a variety of Thai and Lao food. I'd never tried Lao food before but went with that for my main course, I like to try new foods, and really enjoyed it. We had no problem with any part of our experience and I recommend it if you want something a bit different.

5  Thank Lkibble