“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cheddar B&B Bramblewood

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheddar
Cheddar B&B Bramblewood
Ranked #4 of 11 Cheddar B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

My boyfriend booked this b&b to take me away for my birthday. We have had bad experiences with b&b's and hotels before so i did not know what to expect. the house was lovely! the owner and her family made my partner and I feel very welcome. The room was by far one of the best rooms we have stayed in and the bathrooms were amazing!! the view out of the window of the gorge was stunning! just the thing you love to wake up in the morning and look out to. The owner kindly made reservations for us at a local pup the gardeners inn as we did not know any places around. it is about a 3 min walk and the food is amazing. As for the breckfast we recieved in the morning was by far the best cooked breckfast we have had! just a shame we could not finish it as we pigged out on toast before the breckfast come :) by far the best b&b we have stayed in and it made my birthday the best one ever!! thank you.... Sarah and gary :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Threshfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights over a weekend on our way to Devon.It was the most amazing B&B we've ever stayed in.We felt more like we were visiting old friends rather than being paying guests.The owner Amanda couldn't do enough for us and the fact that we had the place to ourselves meant that everytime we met her it turned into a 20 minute chat which was lovely.I didn't get to meet Colin as he was away for the weekend on his stag night.It is located on a quiet side road but is only a couple of minutes walk from the village.I cannot recommend this place enough and the cooked breakfast was enormous!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just returned from three nights celebrating our daughters 12th birthday. What a lovely, friendly, clean B & B. Amanda, Collin and their family made us feel very welcome and their knowledge of the local area really enhanced our stay. Lovely views, places to eat and little pubs and tea rooms within walking distance made this a fantastic location, as well as Cheddar Gorge and caves. We really felt relaxed and refreshed after our three days. The breakfast was just perfect, lovely to have local produce and was cooked so well. Nothing was too much for Amanda and Collin, they were lovely with our two daughters aged 9 & 12 and really made us feel welcome. Thank you and we will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jc2Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying there for two periods of 2 weeks in January and February. I was made to feel like one of the family in a way that was completely welcoming yet not overly intrusive and let me concentrate on my work in the evenings.

The house is located in a quiet side-road, a few minutes walk from the centre of Cheddar and you can walk to the main street, pubs or takeaways. It also has plenty of room to park your car off street.

The single room that I stayed in had everything that I needed including Wi-Fi, a desk, a TV/DVD player and a hot drinks tray. I could even see the Gorge from the window. The bathroom down the hall was out of this world - a stone, digitally controlled wet-room with a large bath. Everything was immaculately clean with regular fresh towels and a dressing gown. I had a quick peek in the double room which looked a lot more luxurious with another fabulous bathroom.

The breakfasts, which as far as I'm concerned are the most important thing, were fabulous. Perfectly grilled butchers sausages and bacon, saute potatoes, beans mushrooms, eggs, home-baked bread, proper coffee, juice, fruit salad, yoghurt, porridge. Amanda WILL fill you up! I was also provided with a hearty packed lunch and a lovely evening meal which you could have either in your room or join the family in the dining room. I do recommend the slow-cooked lamb with dauphinoise potatoes. And the lasagne. And the curry. You get the point..... I also recommend joining the family for dinner - they are lovely people and really make you feel at home. Nothing was too much trouble and if there's anything you need, you can just ask. Colin even picked me up when my car broke down and called someone to come and fix it the next day! Now that's service!

The price is a little more than you will find other B&B's for in Cheddar, but when you take everything into account, it is excellent value for money.
Overall, I cannot speak highly enough of a lovely house and a delightful family. The service was faultless, thank you very much.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

After 5 months in the UK, this is the closest we have felt to being home. The hosts Amanda and Colin have spent the better part of their lives in the Cheddar / Axbridge area so are a wealth of local knowledge and recommendations for eating, sightseeing etc. They really went the extra mile for us and were friendly and engaging. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable after a day of hiking and the view of the gorge and Mendips spectacular. The breakfast was a veritable feast, cooked and prepared as we liked. The location was sensational with pubs, restaurants, the gorge, reservoir and village a short stroll away. Definitely the highlight of our UK travels. John and Nicola, Brisbane, Qld, Australia.

• Stayed January 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Amazing warm welcome on arrival by the hosts Colin & Amanda, nothing was too much trouble. The accomodation was perfect with great attention to detail in the room and in the fab en-suite!!!!It couldn't have been a more relaxing stay and there isn't anything they couldn't answer about the local shops, pubs, and tourist spots and their local knowledge helped me make the most of my weekend away. Breakfast was full of local produce and I was sad to leave on the monday morning. I'll definately be back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the luxurious room with the en-suite - fab :-) - Large room at the facing the back.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Fantastic venue and a refreshing change from the overpriced cramped accomadation my wife and I have stayed in previously! Lovely house, first class room and improved further still by the lovely and friendly hosts Amanda & Colin. Nothing was too much trouble for them and their local knowledge is really useful for walks and eating out. We will most definitely be back!!
Thanks to you both, Steve & Catriona

Room Tip: Ask the lovely new on suite room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheddar
Days Inn Sedgemoor M5
#1 of 11 in Cheddar
Nyland Manor
Nyland Manor
#5 of 11 in Cheddar

Been to Cheddar B&B Bramblewood? Share your experiences!