“Great-tasting noodles and more...”
Review of wagamama bath

wagamama bath
Ranked #94 of 593 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Decided to try Wagamama for the first time whilst spending a few days away in Bath; not disappointed, as food was great, tasty, and a change from the norm. A real level above the standard Chinese "takeaway" fare.

Service was efficient and quick, and the choice and range of dishes on offer very large.

The desserts are a twist on the norm., with things like "Strawberry 5-Spice" frozen yoghurt, and sweet dumplings on offer, amongst others.

The staff were very kind, and write each person's order down by number on your paper table-cloth, so that the person bringing out your food (usually different from the order-taker) knows who's ordered what.

My young 22-month old daughter loved everything she tried, spicy or sweet.

High-chairs for young children are an interesting affair; they "bolt on" to the long tables, "suspending" your children from the table itself! ;-)

In fact, great food and great service aside, the tables would be my only criticism; they are set out as long tables seating 30 or more in what I understand is called "Family Style". This means that you may end up sitting beside people you don't know, and can be a little unsettling to British diners used to the more traditional "table for two" or three etc.

That said, it was clear on this reasonably quiet night that the staff were ensuring a distance between each group of diners which was appreciated.

Minor niggle; stairs up to the entrance, making it difficult with a baby buggy / wheelchairs.

Looking forward to trying other branches of this chain,

2  Thank JamesUKChelmsford

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Good place for quick lunch after wondering the streets of Bath.There is a fare variety of asian fusion cusine dishes.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I eat here regularly but hadn't been in for a few weeks when I had early dinner here on a Sunday evening a week ago. This restaurant is normally really great and I have already given it a good review previously. However, I found the service to be very hit and miss on this occasion, with one of the side dishes only coming out when we had finished the main. The food was also a lot more oily than usual and the waitress very inattentive.

I do hope this was a one-off poor experience because they are usually so good and I really enjoy going there. I will try it again soon and keep my fingers crossed.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just what the doctor ordered after a day at the races. Service was excellent, food great. We were well looked after and as we were staying just outside Bath when I asked where the nearest taxi rank was they rang a cab for us. Thankyou.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Sorry but I just don't get this Wagamama's at all. Yes the food is the same as I've had in other Wagamama's but nothing else is! The building it is in is really not very nice - there's been little don't to it - large echoing, noisy, very wrong lighting, unpleasant ambiance - oh I could go on!!!The poor waitress that served us seemed pre-occupied and uninterested in my needs as I have to have gluten free food and it's never been an issue before.
On the plus side the food was as I would expect from Wagamama's they obviously train the chef's exactly the same.
So to sum up if you want Wagamama's food but don't mind sitting in a large, noisey, echoing poorly lit space with little ambiance and inattentive staff you'll be find.