“Great Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My partner and I went here when I saw the reviews on trip advisor. So glad we did. The food was delicious. Staff were helpful and the atmosphere was lovely. If you want to have a great meal out I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marie K
Mark M, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thankyou. We will look forward to seeing you again.

Camberley, United Kingdom
“Lovely Fresh Food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on recommendation through the hotel we stayed in.

Great fresh food, friendly and helpful service where nothing was too much trouble!

Had 2 courses and drinks c. £30 a head - great value for money.

1 Thank SophieStar8410
Bath, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely first visit, will revisit soon”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I made pre-theatre reservation on Friday night. Even though dinning early and with not many tables the atmosphere was great. We were welcomed at the door and had been looked after very well throughout our meal. Going to the Theatre we were not sure if would have enough time for two courses but everything came within good time. The waitress had good knowledge of wine that helped us choose. The risotto was very flavourful and great portion size. The sea bass special was a great choice for my partner. One wouldn't want to go without trying the puddings. I had the crumble which was the best I have ever had and my partner tried the fondant which totally melted in your mouth. Amazing chef for both savoury and sweet. Thank you all for our lovely experience and we will recommend you and be back ourselves.

1 Thank Deana C
Bath
“A complete let down”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Horrified!!! We found Raphael's on the 1st day of our trip and decided to immediately book a table for the Saturday night as we knew it would be busy everywhere!! How disappointed were we when we arrived for our booking only to find that the table had been booked for 4 people as opposed to 8!! But what disappointed the most was the way the lady spoke to us......apparently it was definitely our error, no attempt was made to see if anything could be done to rectify the situation and worse still NO APOLOGY. I cannot therefore comment on the food but if their customer service is anything to go by....I would suggest looking for an alternative!!

Visited December 2013
M V, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
I was most concerned to receive your review on Saturday 7.12.2013 regarding your reservation for Saturday night. I am really sorry but who booked a table have been told that we have last table at 8.00pm on Saturday night for 4people.
So already on Friday we were fully booked for Saturday so there will be no one of our staff be able to book a party for 8 of you for that day.
On Saturday turn up 8 of you and I am again really sorry but we are 51 seats restaurant and if we are fully booked there is no even small possibility we can do something about at least some of our customer will make cancellation. So that was very difficult situation for us as well.
And trust me if there would just small chance we will do it for you.
On our defense I must point out that you wrote review, which is very unfair us the error wasn't on our site.
We would love you to come and dine with us another time so that you will have no further cause for any complaint in relation to our service or food.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Pre Matinee lunch”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had a lovely lunch here before going to the theatre. The food was excellent and good value - we had the set lunch menu - and the service was great. I would definitely eat there again.

• Visited December 2013
M V, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review