“Excellent Menu”

Raphael Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Raphael restaurant is a much loved restaurant located in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath. Open since 2001 Raphael has established an excellent reputation for serving fabulous European inspired modern British food. Raphael has a cosy atmosphere and exquisite food, perfect for leisurely lunches, pre-theatre dining and intimate meals for two, the ideal place for any occasion. The head chef and his team create imaginative dishes using the freshest local produce available, with the emphasis on seasonality. At Raphael all of the mouth-watering desserts are made in-house, including the delicious ice-creams and sorbets. The friendly and professional staff welcome you warmly, whether you area visitor to the city or one of the regular clientele, many of whom have become good friends over the years. The wine list has been carefully chosen to ensure wines that complement the food perfectly, with reasonable prices, coupled with some amazing bin-ends.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We just walked in this place last night without booking. Excellent menu, well cooked and great service. The restaurant has a cosy feel to it with good lighting that gave a nice contemporary feel to it. Highly recommend the pork cutlet, stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in Parma ham. Followed by an assiette trio of puddings.

Would defiantly go again !

1  Thank Frome78
There are newer reviews for Raphael Restaurant

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We came here for pre-theatre meal with family. The set menu offered a reasonable amount of choice. All dishes were well-cooked, and service friendly and efficient. Good value for money

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was the second time my wife and I have used this restaurant before going to the matinee at the theatre. on Saturday 9th November 2013. I thought I would try the sardines as a starter even though there is only one. my wife had these the first time, big mistake. half an hour into chin chin the play I started feeling very unwell. I carried on to the end and finally we made our way back to the car. half way home which was a two hour drive I was sick and when we eventually got home it was the turn of the other end, just in time I hasten to add. Today I am writing this review which is Sunday 10th November and I still feel terrible. so my advice keep off the sardines what ever the amount you get. I know it was the fish as my wife had soup to start with and sausages and mash same as me to finish. we drank water with the meal and my wife finished mine.so its got to be the sardines.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Food lovely but arrived far too late for pre theatre ... Ordered 6.15 ... Starter arrived just before 7 and I was rushing my main course at 7.20 while paying the bill at the same time. Would go back but not pre theatre

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The waitresses were welcoming and helpful. We asked for the children's main course to be brought forward and they arranged this promptly. The food is of a good bistro standard and well presented, with the children's meals being given the same attention to detail.