“Lovely pre theatre menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raphael Restaurant

Raphael Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Derby, United Kingdom
“Lovely pre theatre menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had the pre theatre menu and it was really good value for money. My partner is coecilac and he was able to eat quite a few things on the menu.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 133JessicaW
M V, Manager at Raphael Restaurant, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review :)))

Bath, England, United Kingdom
“As good as ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Raphael's is a first-class dining experience and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. I had been given a voucher as a Christmas present which I was unable to use for some time due to personal circumstances. I telephoned to make sure it would not become invalid and was assured it would last a year.
Eventually I was able to visit, taking my sister to lunch. We booked - fortunately, as they became deservedly very busy - and had a choice of table. The set menu catered for all tastes and was absolutely delicious - I had a stuffed pepper case followed by pan-fried fillet of cod with seasonal vegetables, my sister fresh sardines followed by an asparagus quiche. All superb, and their dressings are to die for - recipes, please, Raphael? Iced water with lemon was provided throughout the meal to supplement our glasses of wine.
The service is superb, efficient and knowledgeable, but friendly. Two courses and a glass of pinot grigio each came to just over £33. My voucher was for £60 and I was offered a voucher for the difference or the cash back. Needless to say, I paid the £3 difference and got another voucher for £30 so we can repeat the experience.
I should also add that it is approx. 18 months since my last review - an evening meal - and the standard is as high as ever. So many places seem to change with the wind!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Janet T
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Great little Bistro.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Never actually eaten "in" the restaurant which is why I haven't ranked that aspect. My wife was an inpatient in the Mineral Hospital opposite for a few months & much to my surprise, they took very little persuading to do me an occasional "takeaway". Believe me, it is without doubt the best takeaway we've ever had.
The girls there are very friendly, helpful & always smiling. The chef made up foil cloches for me to take the plates & nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

My wife has since left hospital, & when she is a little further down the recovery road we will be returning to Bath & Raphae'ls to eat in.

• Visited October 2012
Perigueux, France
“Good theatre supper”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were spending a few days in Bath and grabbed some last minute tickets for the Theatre Royal and found this restaurant just a stone's throw away offering Theatre Suppers. We did book for the evening and were glad we did as, although not full, there were several couples/groups there dining, like us, before going into the play

We arrived at 6.30 and were warmly welcomed by the waiting staff and the service was attentive and timely, which was important as we were all due to be in the theatre by 7.30 curtain-up. The set price menu was less than £20pp and very good value and the drinks reasonably priced.

If we lived in Bath, I would certainly make more use of this bistro and wouldn't hesitate to recommend its Theatre Suppers.

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good meal a bit pricey for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

When my wife and I decided to tour Great Britton for 16 days I was very apprehensive. I cannot eat any gluten or dairy as I can get very sick. We went into Raphael’s and asked the waitress if I could get a gluten free and dairy free meal. She took us to a table and went thru the menu and identified all the meals I could eat. The meal was delicious but the lunch specials were multi course meals and a bit pricy. In the US I have been told there is no dairy in the meal that has cheese or there is no wheat in the meal that is flour. Great Briton has been such a joy to travel.

• Visited August 2013