“Impressive”

Raphael Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Raphael restaurant is a much loved restaurant located in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath. Open since 2001 Raphael has established an excellent reputation for serving fabulous European inspired modern British food. Raphael has a cosy atmosphere and exquisite food, perfect for leisurely lunches, pre-theatre dining and intimate meals for two, the ideal place for any occasion. The head chef and his team create imaginative dishes using the freshest local produce available, with the emphasis on seasonality. At Raphael all of the mouth-watering desserts are made in-house, including the delicious ice-creams and sorbets. The friendly and professional staff welcome you warmly, whether you area visitor to the city or one of the regular clientele, many of whom have become good friends over the years. The wine list has been carefully chosen to ensure wines that complement the food perfectly, with reasonable prices, coupled with some amazing bin-ends.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent visit, great food, service and good value for money. staff were very good.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My partner and I love eating out and for an off the cuff celebration, I chose Raphael as I'd walked past it many a time but never tried it out.

We hadn't booked, but were seated at a cosy, candle lit table immediately. For starters, the actual restauraunt is lovely looking - quite neutral and tastefully decorated with romantic lighting - not too bright but not so dim you can't see what you're eating!!

We were given the extensive drink list and menus. We ordered a bottle of house white to share and were also offered water. The waitress came back a bit early to ask for our food choices but left with a smile when I said I wasn't quite ready!

I ended up choosing the pan fried duck which came with a peppercorn and brandy sauce, root veg, and I ordered a side of roast potatoes. I ate every single bite and would have licked my plate if it wasn't rude! The potatoes were crispy outside, fluffy inside as they should be as well as being super tasty, the duck had little to no fat on it, and what was on there was edible which is usually difficult for me! The veg were amazing and the sauce complimented everything on the dish.

My partner had steak which he said he enjoyed!

We rounded off the meal with a lovely presented cappucino and a latte. The bill came to £57 for the meal, but I would have been happy to pay more.

The service was top class too, as they were very attentive without being pushy and obtrusive. I felt I could still converse with my partner as the waitress poured us a glass of wine.

I cannot wait to go here again. I am honestly craving it again already!

2  Thank Tania J
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stopped here a few weeks before Christmas while out in Bath, really happy we stumbled across it! The 2 courses set lunch menu is such good value for what you get; delicious, beautify presented food. Was under £40 including a bottle of white.

Will try to stop again when next in Bath.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went as part of a large party to dine before seeing 'The Mouse Trap' at Bath Royal Theatre. The location is great, only a few minites to box office. Service was superb considering how busy the restauraunt was. Food also very well presented and tasty. Wine great and nice to be able to have a single glass of processco.The childs menu also impressed me, alot better than the standard fayre we are usually offered. Only downside was the service charge (10% I think) automatically charged as we were part of a table of 6, even though the bill was paid in 3 parts by each couple. Apart from that would highly recomend.

1  Thank nemofemo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Fabulous wine menu, completely spoilt for choice. Food super and staff couldn't do enough for us. Good for pre theatre dinners. Would recommend but leave a table free for me please !

1  Thank Xz3kd47