“Celebration” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bath Priory Restaurant

The Bath Priory Restaurant
Ranked #120 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Bath Priory restaurant in Bath has held a Michelin star since October 2012. Found within the Bath Priory Hotel, a Georgian mansion of honey-coloured stone, it’s a great place when you want sophisticated food in an elegant setting. Executive Chef Sam Moody, creates stellar dishes with a strong emphasis on kitchen garden ingredients with an inventive use of traditional herbs and flowers. Where possible, all meat is locally sourced and the menu sticks closely to what’s in season. "
London, United Kingdom
“Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited the restaurant with friends for the first time in June. The whole experience was outstanding - from canape to coffee. Sam Moody and his team produced a range of spectacular dishes which were described simply but prepared exquisitely and complemented by a perfect selection of wines. Being shown the garden, from which a range of the ingredients came, was an added bonus.

AJ1870

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank AJ1870

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“like travelling back in time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently took my daughter for afternoon tea for a special occasion and we really enjoyed the occasion. The grounds are lovely and, like the customers, very well looked after. Care has been taken over the small things which makes guests feel really special.

The staff were attentive but not intrusive - a difficult balance.

The food was excellent and beautifully served.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank judith b
Corsham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant dining and ambience-don't miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I can't believe that the Priory is only 17th of your restaurants. It's my first choice as a local- we generally go for the lunch deals although if you want a drink the bill doubles.... The service, the ambience and the food rarely fall short of excellent. the amuse bouches are generally delicious and the food beautifully served and flavoured.
I chose this for my wedding lunch and they did not disappoint.
In the Summer you can use the pools, inside and out and the glorious gardens. Pop round to the veggie garden at the end to see where you herbs and veggies were sourced!
I'd mark this as No1 choice for special occasion dining in Bath.

2 Thank big s
Bath
“Lovely for afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I booked for afternoon tea with my Mum as a way of us catching up as we live a couple of hours from one another and I'll be honest, having heard so much about The Priory I was expecting great things and a bit nervous about being disappointed! Absolutely unnecessary. We started out on the terrace to enjoy the lovely view over the gardens, but moved inside when the sun went in and enjoyed the rest of what can only be described as a feast (!) in the parlour. Everything was absolutely delicious, and my only regret is that there was so much that we didn't get to finish everything! The service was really efficient and friendly, especially as they had to make a special effort with me as I had laryngitis and was barely audible.

A great visit over all, I just can't wait to visit for dinner!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Clare S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went here for Sunday lunch on our way home from Bath. I was intending on going for the 3 course Sunday lunch which I thought was a great price for £35.00. When we got there we could choose to sit outside on the terrace or inside in a large drawing room. Whilst looking at the menu I decided that there were other things id rather try. However there were things that we liked from the sunday lunch menu as well as other menus. This want a problem as we were told we could mix and match & have what we wanted. I had the Lobster Ravioli in Lobster Bisque, Barkham Blue Beef and the Raspberry soufflé. The food was outstanding, as you would expect. The service brilliant also. Only negative I would point out was that it was very quiet in the room, with no atmosphere and you felt like you had to talk very quietly, a little too stuffy. But the food was what I went for and the food would get 10 out of 10.

• Visited July 2013