“Nepalese Food - and Service - exceeded expectations”
Review of Yak Yeti Yak

Yak Yeti Yak
Ranked #36 of 592 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: If the name of this restaurant alone isn't enough to make you want to dine here, then we'll eat our Dhaka topi hats. However, in case you need any further incentive – we're delighted to say that this super-cosy establishment is superb. With whitewashed walls and brightly coloured hand-woven cushions, the Nepalese dining room at Yak Yeti Yak in Bath is warm, peaceful, and popular with a fresh-faced crowd who look like they climb mountains just for fun. While - as far as we can tell - there is no actual yeti on the menu, there are plenty of other star attractions such as the Yak Yeti Yak Beef – spicy beef stir-fried with onions, sweet peppers and tomatoes.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Greeted and served with friendly smiles and quick service. Guided regarding what, how spicy and how much to order for our table of four. Note that what they call medium spice is what "most" would call medium + spice; still delicious! Momos Pork appetizers and Nepalese beer is a great way to start. You will be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank markdianew

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We moved to Bath a year ago and friends here had raved about Yak Yeti Yak. Since our dining experiences had been disappointing in Bath we weren't expecting much.... how wrong we were. We went back the very next day after our first visit as it is that good.

I recommend the set dishes - there's a meat version and a vegetarian version - as they are excellent. You get a selection of dishes, with a dhal accompanied with beautifully cooked rice. The momos are also a must - again either the meat or vegetable are excellent.

There's no disguising that this places is a little on the scruffy side, but in a lovely way. The service and food is excellent and for that I can forgive them the slightly worn decor.

This is one of my top 5 restaurants in the UK, surpassing all of the michelin star restaurants I have been to for both food and service as well as being excellent value for money. I can't praise Yak Yeti Yak highly enough.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Never eaten Nepalese so thought we'd give it a go and not disappointed. Food was great very tasty and food value. Friendly waitress. Busy little place and really enjoyed our evening

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

So after walking past this restaurant for years and looking through tge window to catch a peek at what the food is like, I finally plucked up the courage and booked a floor table for two. Yes a floor table you herd it, a traditional style of eating Tibetan food, they do provide cushions! The atmosphere down in this little haven is amazing, great vibes friendly faces and really good food. I never had any desert, and my wife doesn't share so I had a rum lassie (winner) I would recommend anyone to try thos place for something a little bit different. Oh and your standard tables which do include chairs are available. Going to be returning soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

For my 22nd birthday meal I chose to go to Yak Yeti Yak, having had many a good experience there before. My initial booking was for 8 people, but we had three people decide to come at the last minute, and the restaurant was understandably not too able to extend my booking, as it was a Saturday night. We went down and talked to them that day, and said that we were happy to all squeeze up if they gave us enough chairs.

We all squeezed in and had a lovely time, everybody's order was out at the same time and they even managed to accommodate the vegan in our group during a busy service. Very pleased with the night, and I'm always impressed by the range of lovely drinks on offer.