“Couldnt have been more helpful..a refreshing experience!”

The Bathwick Boatman
Ranked #19 of 606 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Bathwick Boatman is a tranquil slice of gastronomic heaven, located just 10 minutes stroll from Bath's city centre on the picture-perfect banks of the River Avon. Run by husband and wife restaurateur team Ben and Rosy Hall, the restaurant is set in an old rowing club with beautiful river views and a cosy, rustic ambience. After training in Italy and Spain, Ben worked in Miami before returning home to Britain, and his simple, seasonal menu is full of robust flavours and represents good old-fashioned value for money. The Bathwick Boatman has a divine summer terrace, and is perched just above Bath's historic boating station, where you can hire a punt or a rowing boat for a post-meal paddle.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We cannot praise this restaurant enough, we booked a rather large function event last minute with the Bathwick Boatman, the owners couldn't have been more obliging and helpful. The food was beautifully presented and delicious, several of our guests will most definitely be returning, the atmosphere in the restaurant really made the occasion special. We highly recommend the Bathwick Boatman to anyone visiting Bath as it really captures the essence of Bath as this restaurant is also located in beautiful setting.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

About a mile from Bath Centre, it has lovely views over the river. The service was excellent on both occasions we visited. The staff were helpful and attentive. The food was excellent with two unusual vegetarian options, one of which I tried., this was the split pea pudding with walnuts and blue cheese. There were 4 or 5 specials. I tried the tuna steak, which was grilled to medium rare perfection. Would whole heartedly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank SAB1252
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having been frequent visitors to Bath for many years I cannot believe we have not visited this excellent establishment before.The setting is lovelly,especially on a warm sunny afternoon when the polite waiter found us an outside table even though we had not booked and a lot of the tables were reserved,and when the food started arriving we soon realised why.It was delicious,all three courses,I had the tagliatelle special and it was just superb as good if not better than I had in Italy.The wine list had also been carefully put together with some interesting choices,we cannot wait to return to sample some more of the fine fare on offer.

1  Thank Sheepclan
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a fabulous celebration meal with group of 9. Rosy and her staff were fantastic, couldn't have been more helpful. Excel lent communication beforehand, very flexible and understanding, very welcoming and made the evening really special. Food was terrific, simple but excellent quality. Setting perfect, on the river, beautiful views and lovely atmosphere. Restaurant started filling up so would recommend booking. A perfect evening. Will definitely be back, recommend to all.

1  Thank Marcus C
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you're going to eat out in Bath, this is the place to come. Not only do you have a very pleasant riverside setting, but also a good atmosphere within, with all the staff in cohesion. What really topped it off was that this was a belated birthday surprise for my Mum & my sister (who has a dairy allergy) has never felt so comfortable when eating out, with our waitress Rosy going through all the available options with her & also mentioning they could do a sorbet for dessert, which wasn't on the menu, something other restaurants etc. could learn from. The seabass I had was the best I have tasted, as well as the orange cheesecake. The restaurant is not in the city centre but is about 5 - 10 minutes away by car & certainly worth a visit. When I come to Bath next this will be my first thought when I make a dinner reservation.

1  Thank NeilOakley