“Very good.”

The Bathwick Boatman
Ranked #17 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bathwick Boatman is a tranquil slice of gastronomic heaven, located just 10 minutes stroll from Bath's city centre on the picture-perfect banks of the River Avon. Run by husband and wife restaurateur team Ben and Rosy Hall, the restaurant is set in an old rowing club with beautiful river views and a cosy, rustic ambience. After training in Italy and Spain, Ben worked in Miami before returning home to Britain, and his simple, seasonal menu is full of robust flavours and represents good old-fashioned value for money. The Bathwick Boatman has a divine summer terrace, and is perched just above Bath's historic boating station, where you can hire a punt or a rowing boat for a post-meal paddle.
Slough, United Kingdom
“Very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I dont usually eat Sunday lunch out as my family and I prefer to cook and eat it at home but we met some friends today for lunch while in Bath and the lunch was very good indeed.You could tell that they use quality ingredients-well done!

• Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“great place to meet friends for sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We chose this restaurant as somewhere to meet up with friends travelling from both Dorset and the Midlands. The sevice and the food were very good - the goats cheese starter was delicious, the smoked salmon was plentiful and all our roast dinners were enjoyed. The chocolate brownie with the coconut icecream was a perfect end to three courses for £20. The young staff were attentive and very welcoming. I think we will definitely return - maybe when we can enjoy sitting outside in the sun overlooking the river. Give it a try!

• Visited October 2012
“Fantastic restaurant, food and service in a beautiful location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We ate at the restaurant on a weekday evening & had one of the best meals we have ever had, the food was cooked to perfection and the service was second to none. Definitely coming back and will urge others to pay a visit!

1 Thank Samstone09
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“The food wasn't up to the setting or the friendly welcome”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Sorry, because I get the impression that they are really trying. Calimari was impeccable. Then I chose vegetarian. With a good chef this can a really interesting dish. Much as I love lentils, that is all I can remember about it - loads of lentils. My wife had some sort of river fish - tasteless and poorly presented. Our friends fared little better.
It was a quiet night and I wonder if a busy atmosphere would have made me more forgiving. Perhaps try it for lunch and enjoy the view across the river.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RonVic
Roma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went there twice with my family. The place is unpretentious and the staff is very kind and makes you feel welcome. It is not situated in the centre, but you can get there on foot pretty easily. Great food (cheescake and pasta are very good and the chef apparently worked in Italy for a while), nice view on the river. You can both chose to sit inside or on the balcony if it's not too windy. Very nice for families, I strongly recommend it.

• Visited April 2012