“Excellent set menu!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love Loch Fyne and being short on cash my husband and I decided to take advantage of their lunch / set menu which is £11.99 for three courses before 6pm. As the menu was so cheap in comparison to their other food I wasn't expecting a lot but was very pleasantly surprised.

For starter I had Thai fishcakes with sweet chilli jam, which were tasty. This was quite a small starter but I wanted to have room for my other 2 courses so didn't mind. My husband had the Potted Smoked Peppered Mackerel which was served with toasted bread and was quite a generous serving.

Next up I had the Fishfinger sandwich which was battered haddock goujons in lovely soft, doughy bread served with tartare sauce. I wasn't expecting it to be so big, there was so much filling a lot of it fell out and I ended up dipping it in ketchup! I would have preferred it if the 'fishfingers' had been breaded rather than fried as I don't like greasy food so it was a bit lardy for me but it was nice and really filling, I also had the side salad as part of the deal which was lovely as usual. My husband opted for the cheeseburger with twice cooked chips and he was pleased with his meal.

I didn't really have room for dessert but my eyes were bigger than my belly as usual! I was a bit disappointed as the Apple Pie wasn't available but went for the Tarte Tatin they were offering instead. My husband went for the Vanilla ice-cream as we looooove they ice cream they use here, I don't know what make it is, but it is gorgeous. My tarte tatin was very nice and served with both ice cream and custard. A bit of overkill I thought but both the custard and the ice cream were lovely so I couldn't really complain.

The restaurant itself is lovely and it always feels nice and relaxed, the service was efficient and the set menu is outstanding value. Will definitely come back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The worst meal I have had for some time. King prawn in garlic and chilli starter consisted of four very small prawns in a tasteless, watery sauce. Monkfish and king prawn green Thai curry main course was very small, contained three tiny prawns and almost no monkfish at all in a thin, watery, tasteless curry sauce. When I complained to the manager she told me that both dishes were favourites of hers that she ate all the time. She did deduct 25% from the bill though. Won't be going back. Went home and made myself a sandwich.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Been here a few times now when we visit Bath. Always get a lovely meal and waiters/waitresses have always been very friendly and helpful - keep up the good work. I LOVE fish :)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We came for a joint birthday, so there was 13 of us eating. Everybody enjoyed their meal. and it came to £200 for 13 people, 2/3 courses, which is reasonable.
Wold recommend. Lovely food and atmosphere.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Service very good, attentive staff, delicious food and plenty of it. Value for money. Great start to our Bath trip.