“One of my favourite places”
Review of Tilleys Bistro - CLOSED

Tilleys Bistro
Cuisines: French, European, British, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closed for refurbishment...
Westbury, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite places”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visited on Saturday and yet again great service and fantastic tasting food. They offer tapas style starters/mains or large mains. All presented lovely. Their Chicken Liver Pate is to die for. I also had Squid in beer batter and chicken satay skewers. My husband had Kedgeree soup (lovely) and Confit of duck. the duck skin was a bit limp, but no problem it was whisked away and sorted. Too full for dessert but at £6.00 plus not something that you can half eat.

Staff and owners always have time to chat whilst being extremly busy.

Love it here and go back time and time again

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“It was AWESOME”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I came across Tilley's while vacationing this past July. We didn't have a reservation but luckily we didn't need one at the time. The service was very friendly and the food was absolutely DELICIOUS from start to finish. We learned that it is a family run restaurant and we very much felt at home. If you want to enjoy some amazing food in a very comfortable setting we high recommend you give Tilley's a try.

Hertfordshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food options for veggies”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

As this was our first trip to Bath, and for a special celebration weekend, we wanted to make sure we found somewhere really nice to eat. Being a vegan and a vegetarian we also wanted a restaurant that offered food that we could eat which was also appealing. We checked out a few places on Trip Advisor, but we thought some of the restaurants offered veggie options that although beautifully presented were very small portion sizes. From the photos and their website we decided to take a chance on Tilleys even though it is not actually a veggie restaurant. Happily we made the right decision. The menu had vegan and vegetarian options and also said which other options could be made veggie (and also gluten free although that wasn't an issue for us). Even more impressive, the wine list showed which wines were vegan, which we have never seen before in a non-veggie restaurant. The meals themselves were generously portioned and really tasty. The service was good and all in all we had a very nice evening. As we were leaving we had a nice chat with the owner who explained that as a family run restaurant they are always happy to adapt their menu to suit different dietary requirements. We will definitely eat here again next time we are in Bath (hopefully soon because we loved the city!) and would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Bath.

1 Thank Veggie_travellers
Frome, United Kingdom
“Delicious food but spoiled slightly by nasty mistake”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit here for my birthday treat. For me as a vegan and my boyfriend a meat eater it provides great options for both of us.
We had bread and hummus nibbles to start which was lovely. This was then followed by a tapas style meal.
I started with the avocado and strawberry salad which looked beautiful and I started tucking in. It was delicious, however as I got further into the salad, hidden below the avocado was a piece of cheese, and on the menu it was clearly stated as a vegan choice. The waiter was as mortified as me and was extremely apologetic. He did not charge for the salad and gave a replacement. Had he had not have been so considerate I would have dropped the rating to three stars.
The rest of the meal went without a hitch, and I had the chickpea stew, firepot and chips. Wow the firepot was delicious and one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten! I was expecting a spicy dish due to the name but it was creamy, coconuty with strong flavours of lime. Not something I usually have but it was gorgeous.
Overall the food was absolutely beautiful and without the nasty mistake would have been an easy 5 stars. I will definitely visit again so thankfully the mistake this time has not put me off.

1 Thank KarraRothery
New York City, New York
“Fabulous flavors, a meal to savor!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Incredible cooking, pleasant atmosphere, a MUST if you are in Bath. Delicious food, lovingly prepared. I've eaten here four times (twice in 2012 and twice in 2014) for both lunch and dinner and have always been knocked out.