“Best meal of the weekend”
Review of Tilleys Bistro - CLOSED

Tilleys Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Closed for refurbishment...
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the weekend”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were a group of four couples staying in Bath for the weekend. Talk about saving the best until last. Our Sunday night meal was a wonderful finale to a very enjoyable time. Good food, friendly service and not rushed. We chose from the early menu, very good value and all agreed it was a good find in Bath. Well done to the husband and wife team who run it - always a good indication with one half in the kitchen and the other front of house - what's not to like?? would definitely go back to Tilleys on a future visit to Bath.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Delicious fish dishes”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The choice of fish dishes was impressive and all the fish we had was delicious ( there were 4 of us and we had 3 different fish dishes).

Visited June 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing, the food was ok, but the service was poor, slow and unattentive”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 20:30 and were shown to a table right by the door, the restaurant wasn't that busy and we asked to move which was duly arranged. We ordered drinks which came promptly, we then ordered the food, and waited almost an hour for the starter to arrive. By now the restaurant was less than half full. The mains took a further half an hour and we weren't asked if we wanted any further drinks.

Whilst the food was very tasty, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her, I was disappointed that the steak was off the menu, and the pork medallions which I ordered were a little dry. When you are paying £20 for a main course you expect better.

I don't mind paying high prices but do expect excellence in return and we certainly didn't get that.

I don't think we will return in a hurry.

Visited July 2014
“Always a treat”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have lived in bath for a year, and I always choose tilleys for an evening of great food, good wine and friendly ambience. Reliable and always delivers.

• Visited July 2014
Llandrindod Wells, United Kingdom
“Brownies to die for and gluten free!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My daughter and I went here in the evening, the staff were very helpful and friendly and let us chooses a variety of dishes to share - tapas, which I might add were out of this world, Yay real food cooked fresh and from what we could tell passion! The flavours were perfect, truly delicious in fact we ate out alot in bath and i can say this was the best restaurant we went to.
Now the brownies....my daughter is gluten free, but so are these and they were the best chocolaty yummy, heavy brownies I have tasted and I make them alot!
If you are looking for real food, a warm happy atomosphere and something different, try this truly amazing gem in the middle of Bath.

• Visited June 2014