“Lovely little place”
Review of Tilleys Bistro - CLOSED

Tilleys Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Closed for refurbishment...
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went here for lunch without reading any of the trip advisor reviews but just based on the score. We went in just before 12 and we were the only people there. I must admit I was a bit worried that it was so quiet. My fears were completely unfounded. The lady invited us in and was really cheerful. She showed us to a table. And talked us through the menu. It is a lovely menu with really original dishes. After the meal the lady even gave us some tips how to cook the beetroot in the oven. Which we will try honest. I went there with my italian girlfriend, her mother and her friend. If you have ever eaten with italian women they are very hard to please. But they loved the food too and I think they have taken the beetroot tip to Italy as they purchased some beetroot from the local market before going back to Italy!!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I go to Tilleys whenever I can and want a really good meal in nice surroundings. Dawn and her staff are polite and helpful and I have never been disappointed with the food. There are always menu options which I enjoy either at lunchtime or in the evening. The best in Bath.

1  Thank peterggagg
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been dining here for many years and have always enjoyed the food, wines, service and atmosphere. Yesterday's (Saturday 19/52013) supper was typical. The new menus are very attractive, varied and sensibly priced.The three of us had varied appetising starters, fresh bread,delicious fillet of venison and fillet of Sea Bass, nice desserts, two bottles of very decent house wine followed by fresh coffee, for just over £145. Well worth every penny...

1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Four of us ate at Tilleys last night.
The service was first class and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The timing between courses was perfect for us enabling us to enjoy a nice social evening – I hate being rushed!!
Now for the food!! Every meal was beautifully presented on hot plates and were gorgeous. The Guinea fowl was out of this world and the pork and stuffed aubergine were delicious.
I would ask for some bread next time with the Bristol plank but that said, I was full after the main and unable to eat a dessert. The desserts that the others had were again, extremely good.
I would not hesitate to recommend Tilleys and will certainly be going back.

1  Thank Tats22
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We booked for dinner at Tilleys on the recommendation of our B&B hosts late one bitterly cold Tuesday afternoon in March and were fortunate, on condition we came at 6.30pm, since they had a large group booking later. That was all right by us. Our table was nicely placed on the ground floor, with a good view into the kitchen, which I always like: you can get a measure of a restaurant by the ambience in there. We opted for the small courses, since they allowed us the opportunity to try and share more of the varied options that Tilleys offers. We weren't disappointed, the offerings were imaginative and well prepared e.g. the "Smokies" and Mushrooms Ainslie, the wine list very presentable and the service excellent. In fact watching the waitress thunder up and down the stairs to the basement dining room was one of the highlights of the evening. The view into the kitchen wasn't wasted either: the quiet choreography there exemplified the class of this place. If you want a meal that's a little different, give Tilleys a go. There's disabled access to the ground floor and their website gives a good idea of what they're about and the food options available, but do make a reservation.