“Good food and service, fun entertainment”
Review of The Eastern Eye

The Eastern Eye
Ranked #155 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mahal of Exquisite Indian Cuisine with the cities most impressive Georgian interior and triple domed high ceiling. Here at The Eastern Eye we are humbled and elated to have received multiple Restaurant of the Year Awards in 2011, along with a whole host of other accolades and positive reviews from popular magazines, newspapers and awards bodies. We specialize in wholesome traditional Indian food, with a touch of imagination and creative flair. We use some of the finest ingredients and pay immense attention to ensuring flavours are not only grounded in Indian culinary heritage, but also now and again break the mould with flavour combinations that are both unique and exceptionally delicious.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Pros: we went to the Eastern Eye for the Legends night and were not disappointed. The singer was very talented and got the whole audience moving with his Neil Diamond, Elvis Presley, Boy George and Freddie Mercury tributes. The final standing ovation was well deserved. He also threw in some golden oldies like Johnny B. Goode. Most of his jokes were quite funny. I really enjoyed my meal. I had a channa bhaji to start with and then went for vegetable kachori with a paratha. The atmosphere was great as it was so busy. The interior is gorgeous- not what you would expect from the outside. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Cons: some of the performer's jokes were really quite old and corny. The tables where we were sitting could have been rearranged to give a better view of the performer. The food is on the expensive side. One of the prawn dishes (which was quite expensive) only contained 3 prawns. In fairness, when we mentioned this they kindly took it off the bill.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This magnificent building with triple domed ceiling is
something spectacular to see, this is not your usual curry
house! Dining in The Eastern Eye is probably the closest
you will get to the Taj Mahal in Agra! The only problem is we live too far away from Bath, it was a visit to see friends in that area; what a experience! A real memorial one..
Amir Islam
Chairman
Think Death International

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Funny place, grand georgian interior juxtaposed with twinkly lights and large notices directing you to the loos and banning people from the kitchen. A bog standard meal, mediocre but OK. House wine a bit unpleasant.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

It was our first visit. I'd first noticed The Eastern Eye some years back; in fact it was the architecture that caught my eye from street level.
From the evening light of traffic and shop windows I looked up and saw a remarkable ceiling and by crossing the road I discovered that it belonged to an upstairs restaurant. Having just eaten it was somewhere I promised I would visit in the future. The future turned out to be several years later but met us head on last Friday night.
Three of us decided that The Eastern Eye was to be on our menu that evening - and what a menu it was. A superb choice of fayre. The staff were attentive and helpful the restaurant was buzzing with happy customers (and it wasn't even 8pm).
All three of us declared that our meal was superb and decided that The Eastern Eye was possibly the best Indian restaurant in Bath. Our first visit will certainly not be our last.

2  Thank Philip M
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Found this little gem during a recent visit to Bath. My husband and I literally stumbled on it looking for a place to eat in the central part of the city. We are great fans of Indian cuisine and have eaten in many superb restaurants ... the Eastern Eye ranks up there with them. Great food.... great architecture... great decor... and great service. If ever in Bath again will surely be back