“very good lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #375 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“very good lunch!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Three ladies who lunch agree this was a good place to do so! A great location with lots of parking. The sandwich I chose had generous filling and first class bread. And the chips that came with it were just how they should be. Crispy and hot!

Bath, United Kingdom
“Grewtly improved”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our fisrt visit for some time. the Boathouse has been refurbished to a very high standard and is now a warm and welcoming riverside restaurant and hotel with a very good menu at reasonable prices. When we visited it was the first night of a new menu. This did not flumox the staff who were polite and helpful with a good knowledge of the new dishes.
There was a small grumble with the starters as the plates were cold, not so the main course with piping hot plates.
All in all a very relaxed and well fed evening and we shall return.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Escape by the River”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was really pleasantly surprised when I returned to the boathouse after many years. The food had always been average and the decor a little tired. Well not any more - it was really smart and the food was also really nice. It had more of a hotel feel with some really nice touches around the place. When we finished our meal we had a lovely wander around the garden by the river with our little boy which was a lovely end to the evening. I will definitely be returning.
: )

“Consistently Good”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Often head here for lunch. The food is great and the menu offers a really good range. 2 course lunch is great value for money. Still never sure if your meant to order at the bar or at the table but the staff are always friendly...will return in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious Meal Lovely Staff”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We tried this restaurant last Saturday lunch time after seeing good reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed, we had a lovely 3 course meal and enjoyed it so much I have booked here for a large party (20+) to celebrate my birthday later this year.
We had scallops with minted pea puree - very nice
My husband had steak cooked to perfection, tasty and tender, I had lamb - beautiful, we don't know what they did to the potatoes but they were really lovely, my husbands chips were the best ever and I had layered potatoes, really really yummy. To finish I had the sticky toffee cake but my husbands chocolate brownee was the best ever. Go here for a great quality very tasty meal

• Visited February 2013