“Decent food and friendly staff”

Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House & Museum
Ranked #64 of 574 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Sally Lunn's - The oldest house in Bath
hollywood uk
“Decent food and friendly staff”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Visited early evening on 6th Feb as we were tempted by the £12.50 for 2 courses offer. Leek & potato soup, followed by ratatouille / lamb were very much appreciated. Soup was delicious and mains served with a selection of seasonal vegetables were equally enjoyed. Both courses were served with half a Sally Lunn bun (very light) and a glass of wine was enjoyed by me but substituted for a pot of tea by my wife. Staff were very friendly and obliging. We returned the following day to purchase a famous Bun to take home with us.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank johnboyHollywoodUk

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A treat at a Bath institution”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Treat yourself to a quintessential British dining experience. It's a very charming place. I ordered the Trencher Steak. The flavor was incredible. My mouth waters to think of it now. The staff was friendly and efficient. If you go, expect tight seating and small rooms... but that's part of the charm in an old place like this, so don't moan about it.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank kc2200
London, United Kingdom
“Sirloin steak a bit disapointing. Pate tooooo cold”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

For an almost 16 £ steak, it was small and hard even med rare and the pate was not cold but frozen. The service was good. and the chicken delicious

Visited February 2013
1 Thank camifolle
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We ate here on Saturday night after reading pretty good reviews but were to be disappointed. Firstly we were sat next to two doors adjacent to the kitchen which proved very draughty although we later moved to another table when one became available. I ordered the salmon which came on a slice of bread(customary for Betty's) with undercooked new potatoes, carrot batons which were pretty tasteless and broccoli. My husband ordered vodka and lemonaid only to be told they didn't have any. I had the cheese board to follow which was ok although I prefer my cheese at room temperature, perhaps I am being too fussy. It's a shame it didn't live up to expectations but I suppose they have a captive audience being the oldest house in Bath.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gill101
London, United Kingdom
“Great Buns in Bath”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I decided to spend a weekend in Bath. We have just finished our city sightseeing bus tour so we have a couple of time to spare for a cuppa. Luckily, they managed to squeeze the five of us in during their busiest time of the day. Their service is quick and the food and tea served came just in time. The buns were freshly baked, just enough crispiness on the outside while soft and warm on the inside. I enjoyed my afternoon tea with their most famous bun. I would definitely recommend trying their afternoon teas... Oh and sorry I forgot to say that it is also the oldest house built in Bath.