“You won't get better”

Ranked #219 of 574 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Jeremy’s friendly, historic pub is less than a mile north of the Royal Crescent. Come and enjoy all-day summer sun in our Georgian terrace garden. With craft beers - and food made with love from fresh, local ingredients – it’s Bath’s hidden gem!
“You won't get better”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Utterly brilliant. I expected it to be good but it was way better. I live crab but an wary of ordering it because it rarely lives up. This was the best in yonks, fresh tasty and plenty of it.
The roast beef was to die for, served as we chose, loads of it, and IN A PROPER PUB! And 16 quid! Fantastic !

South Shields
“Jackson @ The Richmond”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

As a non-native of Bath this was my first visit to this tiny pub set in the middle of a terrace of houses extremely high up on a hill overlooking the city. I was glad I had got a taxi (£6 quid from the city centre) The table was pre-booked which I was glad of as the place is tiny but it was such a wintery night I think there was a few no shows. nb this is a converted house so eating and drinking seemed to all be in the one 'knocked through' room but don't let that put you off as the craic was part of the fun!

The barman was extremely helpful explaining the cider range (well it is Somerset) to a Geordie. His recommendation was scrumptious and he was just as helpful when we moved onto the wine with the meal.

The catering seems to be a franchise arrangement and operated by a young couple. Him in the kitchen, her front of house. I understand they were soon off to France for a month or so working in a ski resort. I hope they are coming back in time for my next visit

What a delightful team. The menu was extremely limited, indeed this was a 'steak night' but one with a difference. Pigeon breast to start was set off with wafer thin slices of artichoke and serrano ham followed by a lovely local rib-eye steak, fries, salad and garlic butter. Sounds simple but it was excellent. No rush, no hassle.

Great ambiance, friendly clientele and great personal service. It made me feel like a local, indeed I wish there was somewhere similar on my doorstep.

I will revisit Jackson @ The Richmond the next time I am in Bath which is no higher recommendation.

• Visited January 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“A fantastic cosy pub serving top rate food”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have visited the Richmond on many occasions both for drinks and for food. In fact, I would go so far as to call this pub my 'local' even though I live nearly 4 miles away! The staff are knowlagable and friendly, the ales are well kept and the food is locally sourced and beautifully cooked. I would advise you to book as the food is very popular and they have been known to be fully booked on occasions.
I would highly recommend The Richmond as a great place to take fanily/loved ones for a top rate meal, or to meet friends for a few ales.

• Visited December 2012
“Truly excellent steak”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Loads of pubs are offering steak deals and plenty of so called gastro pubs will cheerfully take 29 quid off you for and average meal.
The Richmonds short, focussed menu enables them to offer far better food, better cooked and better value than the gastro pub's offer. And the owner managed business model keeps quality and service consistent.
I haven't had a better steak in Bath in 15 years.

Bath
“Excellent Sunday Roast”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have had two roast dinners here cooked by 'Jackson'. They were cooked to perfection with beautifully cooked seasonal vegetables and a choice of meat. The yorkshire pudding and gravy topped it off nicely. The desserts were also first class. It is a small pub so it is best to book in advance. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012