“The best in bath”

Rajpoot Tandoori Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Serial Award winning Restaurant with International reputation.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My partner and I eat here at least once a month, often with friends visiting from elsewhere, it is excellent with friendly service and wonderful food. Without doubt the best Indian restaurant in Bath.

1  Thank 223Corbett

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Took husband out for birthday meal excellent quality food very helpful staff although top end pricewise you will not be disappointed as well worth the money

1  Thank Pen1707
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Down two flights of stairs and welcomed to sit and order a drink in a cosy sitting area while looking at the menu.Our table is ready and we are shown to a table already laid with our pomps and chutneys.Very intimate and atmospheric rooms . There are places for large groups and booths for couples within several different rooms all decorated in a classy way.The food was excellent and full of flavour.We shared a chicken tikka which was so tender and freshly cooked and the salad was served from a large plate to each of us.The service was slick and polite.The whole experience was a joy and different from other indian places we have been to.If in Bath dont miss out on this restaurant.There is a 10% service charge added to bill but this is one of the few places we didn't mind.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Visiting Bath for a few days and rather than look up restaurants and pre book we decided to just go for wherever took our fancy and looked right, the Rajpoot is just a door with no restaurant windows either side but you go downstairs where it is a large comfortable dining area, we were in a boothed area which was good for us but they do also accommodate larger parties,we popped in at lunchtime and booked a table for that evening.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, my wife is coeliac but this was no problem, large menu choice and the food was probably the best Indian I've had, absolutely delicious and if I am in the area again it would be my first choice.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited Rajpoot last saturday in a large group on a stag do, let me start by saying this is definitely one of the best restaurants I have ever been in, & I have travelled to many major cities around the world - London, Tokyo, Berlin, New York..... the Rajpoot is definitely first class!
We were greeted by a friendly waiter who seated us in the uniquely decorated bar area, & then proceeded to hang our jackets up for us, which I found very welcoming. We ordered some beers and then were taken through the maze of themed halls to our table, where poppadoms were awaiting our arrival. The food was excellent, I myself had a chicken Jhal Noorpuri (one of the signature dishes) & found the chicken was extremely well cooked, whilst being very hot & spicy it certainly didn't disappoint!!
Overall I found the atmosphere to be very relaxed & friendly, great choice of food & drink, with well-presented staff providing prompt service. An absolute must if you're visiting Bath.

1  Thank Dave P