“Good Experience”

Rajpoot Tandoori Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Serial Award winning Restaurant with International reputation.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We like to go to an Asian restaurant when visiting UK. This one was recommended to us and we were not disappointed. The service was good and the food excellent. I will return when next in Bath.

1  Thank cathnoel

Reviewed June 9, 2013

after moving to bath i heard a lot about this curry house. im from london and used to go to bricklane for curry. i asked few of my local friends which indian restaurant they usualy go to. all of them said rajpoot in argyle street. then i had a look online to find about the restaurant. what i saw there was impressive. few of us went there last week to have a meal. food was fantastic,briliant service,atmosphere was really really good. i would definately recomend this restaurant

3  Thank sam b
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I have lived in Bath for nearly a year now.We go out as often as we can trying the many restaurants the City offers. We decided to try a curry we stood out side Rajpoot for a while reading the menu and various awards and thought we should give it a go.
I like the quirkiness of going down all the stairs leading you to somewhere small and cosy.
we arrived at the bottom and was asked to take a seat not knowing whether or not this is where we were having our meal as this was not explained and we were asked what drinks we would like. We were then handed menu's to which i didn't like as i felt we surely aren't meant to sit here in the entrance with a very low table in front of us. I asked the waiter and he arrogantly looked at me and said "No we take your order here then you go in there". Ok fine bit odd but oh well.
We walked in to the main area which smelt throughout our meal like strong cleaning chemicals not the indian spices you would expect. There was no background music and certainly no atmosphere at all just too many waiters wandering around waiting for someone to ask them something.
Everything was very rushed our starters arrived wile we were still eating poppadoms. The waiter
then told me to move up as i was sitting on the wrong seat as this is where they put the food. So we moved everything and ourselves further up the rotting Booth we were in. I also noticed copper cable sticking out of a taped up wire above my head which i made sure i kept my head away from.
So we would the chicken in the dishes was nice soft and tender unfortunately the curry itself was far to rich thick and pasty i had the chefs special which was far from 'special'. My girlfriend had Rogan Josh with lamb, the lamb was awful and very chewy.
I will say that the best thing out of this meal was the wine a nice pinot grigio.
The staff were dreadful to pushy and too many of them.
The as we left the waiter grabs the bill book from the table and walks in front of us and hands to
the two old men in suits at the front who seem to just stand there and count the money coming in.
All in all a very unpleasant visit and I still feel awful and bloated inside.

Please go yourselves this is just what we encountered but we will not be returning.

2  Thank Jon R
Reviewed June 3, 2013

my wife and i have just got back to leicester after a fantastic week end in bath. we came to ur restaurant on saturday 1st june 2013. what a welcome we got at the door out standing. served our drinks by a smiling barmen how often do you get that now days. the same when we got shown to our table. we have a lot of currys. the wife said the best she as ever had. fantastic food, excellent staff and would highly recommend it. keep up the good work.

1  Thank Borisda
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Don't be put off that this restaurant is down a flight of stairs as once you get there it is like being transported to India. We both thought the food had excellent flavours and spices. My husband is from Birmingham and is a connoisseur when it comes to curries and he said it was the best curry he had eaten in a long time. The staff were very friendly and when we left, Nassar, the Manager gave us a cup each with the Rajpoot logo on it. We would definitely visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank bronzedgoddess0