“With any franchise it's always the staff that make the difference...”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #344 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Spent a few days in Bath last week & wanted a quick bite before the Theatre on Friday night. Pizza Express was next door & if it's good enough for Jay Rayner, it's good enough for me!

So with any franchise you know what you're going to get so what makes the difference is the if yu staff & that's what I want to commend.

Our server was Marie, who simply was one of the most efficient, friendliest & helpful servers we've come across in a long time. We watched her working the tables in the area, making recommendations etc & I can honestly say if all restaurants had a Marie they'd do well.

I will mail the restaurant direct to say thanks, but if you go there say Eamonn & Ruth recommended her - that'll make her smile.

Lovely experience

Reviewed February 14, 2013

No doubt for food quality and services as well . i want to say very nice food at all, nice decoration, but some time i have to wait a long.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I always walked across this place in Victoria Street but never gave much attention. I decided to step in after talking to a friend and to I was really surprised with the pizza... very tasty! The service is not very good, but the food was worth it.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This restaurant is located near the Theatre Royal in Bath, and in the past we often ate there before theatre. Reservations were not permitted, so we always allowed time to queue.

However, when we arrived last night, we were told that we couldn't be served because the policy had now changed and we'd not made an obligatory reservation! The restaurant was not even half full, so I explained that we were going to theatre and would not stay long. I added that we had not been aware that the policy regarding reservations had changed. We were still refused.

Because some of our party had yet to join us, I asked the manager if he would tell them when they arrived that we'd gone to another nearby restaurant, because they were not carrying a mobile phone and so we couldn't let them know that plans had changed. He checked the name of this restaurant with me carefully, and assured me he would inform our friends.

However, when the rest of our party arrived at Pizza Express and asked our whereabouts, this same manager said he had no idea. Our friends found us eventually, but the delay was totally unnecessary, and the manager's behaviour was, to say the least, unkind.

When we passed by the restaurant an hour later on our way to the theatre, the restaurant was still only half full. We could have been accommodated, and most certainly the manager could have passed the message to our friends.

What a let down in every respect!

1  Thank englishfamily99
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Booked for 5 people at 6.30 on a Tuesday evening- so not an overly busy time, and in time to get to the cinema for Les Miserables at 8 - or so we thought .......... !
Though the two staff on duty were quite helpful, we had to ask for someone to take our order, and in order to speed things up, though we asked for garlic bread, we said to bring food when it was ready rather than wait for two courses. 55 minutes later- we still had NO FOOD AT ALL . I was seriously unimpressed with the manager when I asked to see her, I was told she was upstairs ! By this time the dining room was full of people with no food, two waiting staff trying their best, two people in the kitchen - I have NO idea what they were doing - but it clearly wasn't cooking - and a manageress upstairs. A total disaster. We finally got some food, and went along to the cinema at 8.30- most of us with indigestion !

1  Thank Barbara2002