“A reliable venue”

Ranked #321 of 598 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Always a good reliable place for a reasonably priced supper ! Great salads and pizza alike. Shame that some nights the place is flooded with students with vouchers though! makes us full priced diners feel a little cheated. some good offers recently though so worth returning! and now there are 2 in the city so easier to get in!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just love their pizza`s, good value for money was very busy but service was very good. A bit crowded but not a big problem.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was my first visit to any pizza express and I'm glad we tried it out. We were booked in with a party of nine, made up of mostly adults with 2 children. Our table was downstairs (was a bit worried at first about this, but obviously they have the space down there to set up larger tables). We were also very lucky to get into the car park which is almost opposite the restaurant which is great, although some of our party (not from Bath) did get caught up in the one way system a bit.

We ordered a selection of starters, with dough balls, olives and sun dried tomatoes - which arrived promptly and all were delicious, I especially enjoyed the tomatoes.

What impressed me personally was the good selection of pizzas and other dishes, and I opted for the lighter lower calorie pizza, which basically has the middle removed and replaced with salad. I did wonder if this would fill me up and I was pleasantly surprised at just how filling this meal was and of course it was under 500 calories which is absolutely superb. The pizza base and topping was very tasty and served atractively. Across the party we had a good selection of dishes and all were reported as being good, tasty and well presented dinners. I opted for the dough balls with nutella which was part of the "lighter" sweets offered, and again served with a lovely coffee I really enjoyed this. I'm impressed that I was able to go out for a meal but still be able to choose healthy, tasty low calorie options. Usually this means having a rather poor salad (and usually this is ruined by being covered in high calorie dressings).

I was also impressed by the service we recieved, our waiter was friendly, fun and attentive (even managing to cope with our tussle over who was paying!). He even came out to say that he wasnt happy with one of our pizzas and had asked for it to be done again, I'm pretty sure in other restaurants this would just get served to us on the hope we wouldnt complain!

In addition we got a great discout offer which made the meal very good value for money (9 meals, starters, sweets and drinks for just over £110).

I will certainly return in future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The founder of Pizza Express, Peter Boizot, woud be turning in his grave if he knew how watered down the priciples upon which he founded his chain had become, with the indifferent poker- faced staff serving indifferent mass-produced food at the Bath branch.

The industrial grade lasagne was slop (no detectable meat in the Bolognese sauce) and the Sloppy Giuseppe pizza, although tasty, was much too light on the topping: just a smear of something on the top. At more than £9 a throw, not good value.

Sad how a once innovative, principled and quality focussed organisation has been driven downmarket by bad management and commercial pressures.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I used this venue to take all my staff of a new store in Bath for lunch as a get to know you, our food all came at different times, staff couldnt be bothered, food was cold, service awful

1  Thank Ann g