“Perfectly pleasant, not too special, good value”

Firehouse Rotisserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse Rotisserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Firehouse Rotisserie ha been popular in Bath Serving delicious food with a hint of Southern California. Friendly staff and a warm interior,with a lovely wine list and A menu based around free range rotisserie chicken in three flavours. Also prime steak, great burgers and stone baked pizza plus fresh fish And eclectic dishes.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a pre theatre dinner on a Saturday evening. I was glad I had booked as the place was full and walk-ins were being turned away. Atmosphere was vibrant, service was good, food was fine. Nothing remarkable but perfectly pleasant. We had tortilla chips to share for our starter and we both found it very dull. Not sure what we expected, perhaps some melted cheese or something. The two small bowls of salsa and sour cream weren't really enough for two and the chips themselves seemed dry and taseless A wased choice. Things picked up with the main courses. One of us had burger which was huge and tasty enough and othe other the fishcakes which we really nice with salad and dressing. We didn't have dessert. If you fancy a venue close to the Theatre Royal, it is a good choice but it isn't on my list of must re-visit soon. Fine, but not memorable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited Firehouse Rotisserie last month and really liked the sweet potato fries and was keen to return to try the burger.
Fortunately this second visit was as satisfying, if not, better.

I am not a fan of tortilla chips but I enjoyed the starter we ordered as the dip was a delicious blend of cheese and salsa of some sort. Whatever it is-it was yummy!!
Ended the meal with an affogato with baileys shot while my friend had an Eton Mess sort-of sundae, which were both lovely nothing to complain about.

This is definitely the place I'd go to in Bath to satisfy my burger cravings and I still love their sweet potato fries very much.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

On the 26th Jan 2013 around 1pm, after looking for a nice place to eat a good steak in Bath for about an hour, a friend told me about this restaurant and I decided to go there for the first time with my little daughter and had a really bad experience.

We were given a table by the door on the ground floor by a very nice and polite waitress who served us two drinks and took the order for pizzas, which my daughter then chose. While we waited and with people coming in and out it was absolutely freezing and uncomfortable so I asked the waiter who was also serving in this room if he could sit us on one of the other tables as there were at least 5 or 6 tables which had just become empty. He said with an arrogant and loud tone of voice "which table did you reserve?", I replied "I didn't, that's why I am asking you". He replied "all of these tables are reserved for people coming in at 2.30pm, the ones around the corner still have people sitting there, do you want to see?", I was absolutely shocked about the way he was talking to me, other clients looking at us, and said "why are you talking to me like that?" and he said "I am replying in the same way you asked your question!". I felt like getting up straight away and leaving this place, but felt I shouldn't because my daughter was hungry and already upset for other reasons, she would probably feel worse if we left and looked for another restaurant. About 30 seconds later he comes to my table and offers a table upstairs which we accepted.

I asked the waiter who was serving upstairs if his colleague owns the restaurant and told him what happened. He apologized for his colleague's bad manners and made sure he served us well. The pizzas were very good. When I asked for the bill, two drinks ad been deducted "to make up for the trouble caused", the waiter said, which was very nice of him and stopped me making an official complaint. If the tables were all reserved for people coming in almost 2 hours later, he could have simply explained that with good manners and a smile on his face! However, this was a unique experience I shall never forget. I will certainly NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone because of my terrible experience with this waiter. My money can be spent in other good restaurants in Bath, with excellent service, serving very good pizzas as well!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault this place really, the staff are welcoming and efficient as well as willing to assist any dietary requirements.
The food is fresh, tasty, beautifully presented and the portions are fantastic. Real rustic, homely feel to this restaurant that keeps you going back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

To be honest I didn’t want to go to this restaurant, not because I had heard anything untoward, I just like my favourites in Bath, there are lots of good ones, but to many bad ones, and I feel that some of them only survive because there is as lot of passing trade.. tourists.

Anyway, had to go there one lunch time, business lunch, enjoyed it very much, so booked a table for the evening, and was extremely impressed, the food is meticulously prepared, cooked to perfection, the wine selection is spot on.

I have eat here regularly now, really enjoy it, try the Calamari with Wasabi Dip, yum, I am not a pudding person, but have had a few here, difficult not to they are good, try the cheese selection.

Looking forward to the next visit

1  Thank Paul H