“Consistently delivers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Desh - CLOSED

Desh
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wiltshire
“Consistently delivers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My third visit to this restaurant and again on a weekday. The fact that there were only a handful of diners other than myself, the takeaway side was doing a brisk trade, a true indication of the popularity of this restaurant. The convenience of having a supermarket directly opposite serving alcohol until the late hours and you can take advantage of the no corkage policy. The food is faultless and the service I have always found to be attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is no more than average, however, purely functional and lacking in Indian influences. The food I think more than makes up for its shortcomings. The onion bhajis are the crispiest I have ever tasted

• Visited December 2012

Chester, United Kingdom
“Dinner at the Desh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended by the landlord of the B&B we were staying at, but unfortunately we were very disappointed.
Service was fine and the staff were cheerful but the food and ambience let it down.

We had the Malayan - a medium curry - but it was very bland. Tasted mainly of pureed chickpeas but no spices. Chicken was tender though, on the plus side.

Eating space felt a bit clinical and with a bit of thought, some nice lighting and background music, things could have been improved.

There was an electric fan heater on the floor by our table which we had to be careful not to trip over when we got up (one waiter did) and the noise from it made it difficult to talk or hear the waiters.

Not a great experience and we wouldnt; go there again

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank HLN58
London, United Kingdom
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ate here last week whilst staying in Bath. It's a great value restaurant as you can bring your own beer/wine and there's no corkage charge. Staff really nice and food was good and reasonably priced. We were there on a weekday so it was pretty quiet but I would reccomend it to anyone. Theres a supermarket opposite open til 11pm where you can get your beer/wine which is handy!

• Visited September 2012
Bath
“Budget Brilliance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

With a bring your own/no corkage policy you can have a great night for a tenner! Quick and efficient, never had a bad meal!

Thoroughly recommend!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jason P
Bath, United Kingdom
“Another wonderful meal from our local indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is now the only place I will eat Indian food and pretty much the only take-away I will eat as well. Unfortunately my wife and I don't get chance to eat out much having 2 kids but when we fancy a treat we will always opt for Desh but it's usually a takeaway for the above reason. If only we could stay and eat in more often than we get to. Food and Service is superb whether eating in or taking away. We have never had a problem in the 6 years we have been visiting, sorry I got round to writing the review now. I would, and regularly do highly recommend Desh.

• Visited July 2012