“Regular service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Browns Brasserie & Bar
Ranked #317 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Blending European brasserie dishes and timelessly elegant surroundings, Browns Bar and Brasserie Bath champions an informal yet refined concept. Renowned for indulgent twists on classic comfort food recipes, Browns has offered trademark favourites since 1973, as well as choices from the specials board or the market fresh fish of the day. Showcasing striking design features and historic or listed buildings, Browns restaurants are a refined yet relaxed dining spot, at any time of the day.
“Regular service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went for lunch have to go the bar look for the waitress to take my order. Later on ask for a second beer, and again have to look out for the waitress to get my beer.

Kent, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I booked there Valentines. We met up with friends, how I wished we'd gone somewhere else. The menu was £29 for 3 courses. I had crab & avocado stack to start, it was tasteless. I then had surf & turf but when I asked for my steak rare the waiter said it had to be medium, astonished I asked why & he gave the explanation it's down to legislation by the government!!! Of course when it arrived I the minute piece of steak was like burnt leather and carried a £3 supplement. The lobster was as tasteless as the first course, it was accompanied by a few thin chips, no salad or veg. Dessert was ok, Eton mess which would be very difficult to "mess" up, pardon the pun. We splashed out and had champagne and our bill came to £230 which if the food had been worth it would not have been a problem. Unfortunately my friends and partner were equally disappointed with their meals. Very over priced and very poor all round.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Calne, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

First impression was good looked nice polite staff, went to the toilet and only got worse. Needed waterwings as urinals were blocked and had been for a while. Mentioned it and was achknowledged, food and service was ok until around 730, then all staff vanished. Toilets still blocked on second visit. When we left mentioned toilets yet again and that the management should be told, implying I wanted to speak to him then was ushered out. Will not return here!

Westbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Booked a visit to Browns with a party of 4, greeted and taken to our table by a young waitress who was very pleasant & seemed very professional.
Had an order taken for drinks & then the waitress returned shortly to take our food order.
We were advised that the club burger was not available ( not sure if this was because of the recent horse meat scare ) but we could have a steak burger in its place for the same price.
When the food arrived the size of the burger was very small! And the size of the steak was no bigger than 3cm by 2cm
And less than 5mm thick so I didn't think it was really great value for money.
Also ordered a side order of Bacon which did not even arrive.
Also when I needed to use the Bathroom all of the urinals in the Gents were all blocked.
We mentioned this to the waitress & asked if we could speak to the manager regarding this, but nobody came over to respond to our concerns.
I can say it is a Great venue, Great atmosphere, not too quiet & not too loud, but I think the menu & food content could be reviewed & more attention could be taken with the toilets.

London, United Kingdom
“Pretty poor by this chain's standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't say that Browns is the best restaurant chain in the world but I have always found it reliable. We were in Bath on a busy Saturday night when most of the restaurants were fully booked and were initially grateful to get a able anywhere. My wife chose a salmon dish that she had eaten in browns in London and it arrived after a long wait without half the dish. They had run out of the chick peas, peppers etc that are supposed to accompany it and just sent the fish out on its own without ny replacement vegetables. My burger was dry and a poor comparison with their usual and the service was incredibly slow - we had to chase both courses before they eventually arrived. It took more than two hours to produce not much food and the place was evidently very understaffed so it would be unfair to blame the waitress who was doing her best. Not recommended!