“Beautiful, clean and very comfortable house”

Review of Royal Oak House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
teresa G
“Short stay in Bath”
Reviewed September 1, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Lovely place in the centre of Bath, clean and modern, nice few days there.
My only problem being:
I had a virtual car permit with this house whilst we stayed there, I was told I could park within zone 6, which I did, I parked within the permit zone, I had given my car registration to the owner for the permit, and received 2 parking tickets over the course of the weekend.
I was really annoyed with the lack of guidance and empathy from the owner.
I do not know Bath well and should of been informed of any areas within the zone 6 that you should avoid, which I didn't.
The area I parked clearly said permit holders only, and as I had a permit thought there would not be a problem.
I felt the need to tell this as I do not want this to happen to anyone else.
I was really upset with this situation I was put in and it wrecked my weekend in Bath.

Emma B
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, clean and very comfortable house”
Reviewed October 7, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I would recommend the Royal Oak House to anyone - it was extremely clean and tidy and beautifully decorated - and for readers of this review, I would say we have quite high standards! The owner, Sarah, was very helpful and had left us tea, coffee, bread and milk on our arrival, as well as spoiling Cowshed products in all the bathrooms. It was perfect for our girls weekend and I would highly recommend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Bunk room
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Oct 9, 2016
Thank you so much for your kind words Emma. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the house. Hopefully we will see you again in the future. We have a few one bedroom properties starting over the next few months so if you fancy a weekend away then let me know and we will be able to offer you a discounted rate. The Xmas markets are particularly special. Take care and thanks again. Sarah x
Lucy A
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for a Hen weekend!”
Reviewed July 5, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We just got back from my hen weekend after staying at this lovely house in Bath. The house is absolutely wonderful, and was perfect for my group of 10 ladies to stay in comfortably. We especially loved the "beauty bar" as we called it on the top floor - it's just been done up so beautifully. Everything was incredibly clean and the toiletries provided were a lovely touch.

The house is laid out really sociably, and the kitchen/lounge area is just perfect for having drinks / dinner / relaxing in. We had some people come to the house for day activities and it was really easy for them to set up which was great. The fact that it's also walking distance to everywhere means that you don't need to worry about taxis either which was incredibly handy.

We're thinking of making it an annual thing, so we'll definitely be back to relive the wonderful memories we made. Absolutely wouldn't hesitate in recommending this lovely house.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jen3man
Bristol
“Perfect house in perfect location!”
Reviewed June 19, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This wonderful townhouse is located in excellent walking distance to city centre, royal crescent and lots of parks. It is a spacious house that comfortably sleeps ten but more importantly the lounge and kitchen are good party rooms - really really comfortable!!!

It has everything you need ... Towels, dressing gowns, loads of cutlery/crockery and the basics you would want for breakfast - winning!!

Will definitely stay here again with a big group!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing