Weston Lawn
$132
$120
$128
  • Room Service
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$184
Agoda.com
$106
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden roomcontinental breakfastlocal publarge tableother guestsbeautiful housestayed longercity centretwo night stayenjoyable staycomfortable bedhostsaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My partner and I stayed for one night at Weston Lawn. We stayed in 'Thomas's Room' which
was rather cramped with all of the furniture that was in there, but with a very large bathroom.
The walk in shower cubicle has an electric shower, but the pressure is not great. The bedroom
itself is rather creepy, with lots of school photos (presumably Thomas) staring down from the walls. Breakfast was also disappointing. The 'substantial continental breakfast' that we were
promised turned out to be a croissant and one slice of toast. There were of course cereals and yogurt too, but hardly substantial. A bowl of fruits also looked a little dated. All guests eat around
one large table, which can be a little awkward. On arrival we were given a flask of cold milk for adding to tea and coffee in the room. It is a good job that I drink my coffee black, as there was only just enough for two cups.
All in all a bit of a let down for quite an expensive room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David C
WilliamClose, Owner at Weston Lawn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We accept that Thomas's Room is a bit unusual with some of our son's effects still there and we are sorry that these guests did not feel comfortable with that.
We use the term "Substantial" to describe the Continental Breakfast both to emphasise that it is more than a cup of coffee and a croissant but also because guests can have as much as they like. There is Orange Juice and a choice of 4 or 5 cereals as well as a choice of jams, marmalade and Honey in addition to what these guests remember.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner and i stayed at the Weston Lawn for two nights for a relaxing weekend break. We had a fab weekend, The hosts were friendly, welcoming and very accomodating, the room was exceptionaly clean, confortably furnished and pieceful. My partner was a bit cold on the first night, (but she does get cold easilly) and they kindly put an additional heater in the room without us asking. The breakfast was tasty and a good way to start the day.
This time we stayed in toms room but on a previous tip a few years ago we stayed in the the garden room and booked again this time without thinking twice.
Reading other peoples comments about the cat, it did wonder in at one point but the hosts were very quick to rmove it out and it was no problem to any of the guests.
The BnB itself is set in a very piecefull, almost rural location but is still less than a thirty minute walk in to bath taking in the royal cresent and the circus on the way.
At the end of the road there is a very frendly welcome waiting in the local pub (I believe it was called the old Crown) which does good food and good ale at a very reasonable price.
Would realy recomomend this bnb to anyone planning to stay in bath and I am sure we will stay again next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have to say we agree with many of the comments made about Weston Lawn - particularly the breakfast. To have to pay an extra £5 for a cooked breakfast on top of £120 a night is taking the mickey - and it's not worth the money. The menu gives the impression you have have the full breakfst as well as the continental - and if this is the case you MIGHT just accept the cost - but it isn't. You are asked how many croissants you want, and you get the exact amount, no more no less. We had to ask for extra milk and juice too. Fortunately no cat, which we would have REALLY complained about as our son is allergic and is double standards when they specify no pets for guests. My son had a reaction to the pillows as it was but this was brushed aside when it was mentioned. Won't be back! Unwelcoming and mean!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sara W

We are really sorry that these guests thought little of our breakfasts, but I think they are being a little unfair as they knew cooked breakfasts would be extra when they booked. Also, the term "Continental" breakfast these days really only means not cooked and can vary from a Coffee and Croissant to trays of meats and cheeses. I would say that ours is half way. These guests would have had as much to eat as they wanted, but we should have got to the empty Milk and Orange Juice jugs before they did.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed in the cottage at Weston Lawn with Bed and Breakfast provided. We had a super weekend, the cottage was lovely and would consider booking it for self catering rates. Judith was very accommodating as so was the lovely cat!. Would reccommend it to anyone wishing to stay close to the centre of Bath as this is in easy walk of the town centre and attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

On a cycling trip from London to Gloucester Bath was my next destination using Route 4 of Sustrans National Cycleway routes. I underestimated the overall journey time and found myself at Bradford on Avon in the pouring rain with some way to go. I rang my host to give a revised ETA and William kindly volunteered to cycle and meet me on route to bring me in to Weston Lawn. This he duly did and I was very grateful indeed for his support. As I was so late they provided a most welcome supper and saw me away the following day with a good breakfast. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo