“Great place to stay”

Queen Charlotte's Orangery
Ranked #70 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Fab place to stay, Greg and Denise very welcoming, great breakfast, rooms were spotless and would definately recommend people to stay. Location is good only took us 5/10mins to walk into town, we had a lovely time in Bath and would love to go again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Nicandcarlmillington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
UK
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Orangery as we were spending a couple of days in Bath to visit the spa. The reception we received when we arrived was very friendly, even though the owners were not there that afternoon. All our questions were answered, he gave us a map and milk to make a cup of tea in the room. The entrance is stunning and the gardens are lovely to sit out and have a cuppa (or a glass of wine).
The orangery is a short walk from the town centre and having stayed in Bath before it was nice to find the walk was flat, as opposed to hiking up the hill at the end of the evening.
Breakfast is served in the atrium which can mean if you're in one of the adjoining rooms you can hear all the set up and chatter but being early risers this isn't something which bothered us at all.
I'd definitely recommend this place, very friendly, pretty and a great location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed 5 nights here and found it to be everything we hoped for. I wanted accommodation close to the Bath centre to allow us to wonder around this beautiful place effortlessly, plus we wanted comfort. Breakfast each morning was yummy and we were always offered more and our host Greg had a terrific sense of humour which made our stay very welcoming and relaxed.
Our room was delightful which had lovely views of the courtyard which made me yearn for my garden back home. It was a pity the weather was not very pleasant to take advantage of this garden because I could see my husband and I enjoying a drink in the evening.
This is a gorgeous spot and I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked this beautiful B&B the day after our wedding and we were both blown away by the location, luxury and warm welcome. If you are looking for a B & B that "has it all" this is your place!

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Not used to b&b accomodation,my wife and I were delighted with our short stay here. Excellent hosts, brilliant location near to the town centre and car parking at the front door we would recommend QCO to anyone looking for good value accpmodation in Bath.

• Stayed June 2012
Kent
Reviewed February 23, 2012

QCO is a b and b with a difference a short walk from Bath city centre. The décor is very quirky and the rooms designed on different themes. I’m not sure about the other rooms but there was very little space in the Sophia room mainly because of the huge bed!
The facilities generally were very good (with the exception of the temperamental shower) and there is parking just outside. The owner was very hospitable, the whole place spotless and the breakfast excellent.
The price wasn’t cheap but I suppose you get what you pay for and overall it offered good value for money. If you want to stay somewhere different with the personal touch rather than some anonymous hotel I can strongly recommend the Orangery. Play your cards right and you might come away with some the owner’s poetry – oh the burning capsicums!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
13 Thank hillcrestuk
Kent
Reviewed February 20, 2012

A cute little place to stay with a quirky, quaint feel about it. Two of the four bedrooms are directly off the glass-domed, circular room where breakfast is served. We were in one of these bedrooms and I think we would have preferred a more 'anonymous' room not so close to such a public area and also a slightly larger one - we had the Sophia room with a four-poster bed which dominated it somewhat and made the room feel a bit cramped. Some oddity had the shower intermittently going cold but constant hot water flowing from the bath taps. But these are minor gripes as owner Greg O'Neil (his wife was away when we visited) was a splendid host, providing a car parking permit, local information, and serving an above-average B and B breakfast of a plate of fresh fruit, choice of cereals and the traditional 'full English' - but I am sure, being the genial chap he is, he would meet any requests for a variation of this. You can even choose what CD to play while you eat.
Queen Charlotte's Orangery is perfect for a short stay and the ten minute walk into the centre of Bath was a good way to start the day. If I was visiting Bath again, I would probably choose more central accommodation and go for a hotel just because of the more facilities available, such as a bar for a nightcap at the end of a busy day sight-seeing, and an on-site restaurant if you are too tired to venture out again in the evening.
None of this is criticism of the Orangery which is superior Bed and Breakfast accommodation - with our room cleaned and tidied to an exceptionally high standard while we were out, and top quality bedding, towels and toiletries. The O'Neils have obviously drawn on their experience of running a top notch B and B for many years in Richmond, south-west London, and know that quality is important. All the rooms were occupied during our stay and the guests seemed more than happy with their accommodation choice.

Room Tip: Get the lowdown on the size and facilities of all four rooms before you make your choice.