“Classical cd's and poetry readings with a full English breakfast”

Queen Charlotte's Orangery
Ranked #70 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2011

A beautiful small hotel with period furnishings and a wonderful courtyard garden.Go by train if you can as it is so close to the centre of Bath, and the buses are frequent if you want to go out of town. The American Museum is a must see, and only a short bus ride, - nice cafe too. Chapel Arts Centre has a variety of events; check and book before you go. Lots to see and do for a short break including the Theatre Royal. Not cheap but a lovely treat!

Room Tip: Don't arrive with a can of beer and a Macdonald's singing rap or hip hop.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Queen Charlotte's Orangery

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed 4 lovely nights at the Queen Charlotte's Orangery

I wanted to find something special for my wife, and did not want to stay in a "thirteen in a dozen" Hotel.

This is exactly what we were looking for! An Intimae and beautiful guest house. Nice rooms with four-poster bed and homemade breakfast also served in their beautiful garden.

Greg and Denise are wonderful hosts and we loved their hospitality. We will definitive come back!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We recently returned from staying at the Queen Charlotte's Orangery in Bath and had to take time out to write a quick review.

This is a super little guest house,unique with it's Italian Renaissance decor. Super rooms and excellent breakfasts.

Run by Greg O'neil and his wife. A charming couple. If your interested in Poetry or short stories, ask Greg to show you some of his work. A very talented man.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2011

It is truly the most gorgeous place I have ever stayed in. The garden is set with 'country garden' plants; Lavender, Roses and beautiful Hydrangeas. For the romantic of heart it is a wonderland, where a glass of 'well chilled' or a pot of tea can be enjoyed to the full.....who, indeed, would really need to do any sightseeing....although Bath is very beautiful. Indoors is like stepping back in time; gorgeous fabrics dress windows and furniture alike...but all this can be seen from the pictures on the web site. When we booked, I thought it looked too good to be true but it is exactly as it appears on the photographs. Hospitality is second to none; we were welcomed with a tray of tea on our arrival and breakfast was delicious (cereal, toast, fruit, full English, juice, tea coffee).....and great to meet the other guests around the breakfast table. Altogether, a very special place for me and I look forward to, many times, returning there.

Room Tip: The rooms are all beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I will be returning to this enchanting place without a shadow of a doubt. I wholeheartedly recommend this place for anyone and especially couples! We got the beautiful sophia room which boasts an amazing four poster bed and THE BEST mattress you will ever sleep on. The room is larger than the pictures on the website make it out to look. Infact...the pictures do not do it any justice. As soon as I entered this place, my jaws dropped at the beauty. The decor of the entire place is tasteful and well thought of (you can tell that a lot of time and effort has gone into making this a magical place).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I was only in Bath one night, but this hotel made me wish I was staying much longer. On arrival, after a very long day of travel, I was warmly greeted and promptly fixed a pot of tea so I could relax for a bit in the garden. It was just what I needed. I was helped with maps and directions, and the room was just lovely. The whole experience was a delight and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed for three nights in this beautifully relaxed boutique accommodation. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed like one of the family. We enjoyed many fascinating and amusing moments with our host, who is as unique and charming as this hidden gem of a place. We'll certainly be returning with a plentiful supply of Medlar jam and a seedling from the tree of life. Wonderful in every way.

• Stayed: March 2011