All reviewsrecommend villafull englishcity centrelong weekend in bathlovely fruit saladfour postersmall fridgeminute walkscrambled eggs with smoked salmonlovely hostschoice of cooked breakfastb and blocation is idealsuperb breakfastlovely roomexcellent facilitiesoff street parking
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My partner and I had a lovely weekend at the Villa Claudia as we ran the Bath Half Marathon. On arriving we were greated by Maria who very kindly informed us of what to see and do in this most beautiful city. The location is ideal as it is only a few minutes walk to all the attractions and numerous restaurants meaning that there was no need to use our car. The room we stayed in was both immaculate and comfortable with a spacious bathroom. The hospitality by Maria and Carlo was wonderful being warm and genuine throughout our stay. Special mention must go to Carlo for his fantastic cooking, especially his smoked salmon with scrambled eggs.If you are looking for outstanding hospitality and comfort we thoroughly recommend the Villa Claudia.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just had a weekend stay at Villa Claudia as my boyfriend ran the Bath Half Marathon. This B&B is lovely and comfortable and clean and the owners Maria and Carlo are so warm and friendly which makes for a lovely welcome. Excellent location on a quiet residential street only a ten minute easy stroll into the city centre. A major advantage was the free parking offered by Villa Claudia, a real advantage as we didn't need the car all weekend and it would have cost an awful lot to park in the city all that time! Maria and Carlo even let us leave the car there a little longer after we checked out on our last day which was really generous. We would definitely return here on our next visit to Bath.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic two days in Bath staying in this wonderful accommodation. Our hosts, Maria and Carlo were warm, friendly and engaging which added to our enjoyment in their beautiful house. We stayed in room 3 which was spacious, clean with a large and comfortable four poster bed. The bathroom was immaculate, spacious and modern, with a roll top bath and separate shower. The full english breakfast, which also included a choice of fresh fruit and cereal was tasty and full of flavour.
The accommodation is situated in a quiet neighbourhood within a ten minute walk to the town centre. Bath is a picturesque town ideal for a short break, highlights included the bus and river tours which included all the interesting and historic sights.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Wonderful accommodation which was beautifully looked after. Superb friendly staff with a great sense of humour that made you feel very welcome.

Would definitely go back there!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I am sorry but I have stayed in lots of B&B's and this was ok.

Yes the lady, Maria, is nice but it is NOT worth 120 pounds per night, not at all.

The bath room isn't en-suit, it’s next door. Also the pressure in the shower is so bad, I couldn't wash my hair!

The rooms are clean but having the smell of her dinner in our room wasn't nice, we were on the top floor.

The breakfast was nice on the first morning but sadly wasn't nice at all on the second. It was like having 3 tables to cook for was just too much; we didn’t get coffee with our breakfast but after. The toast was cooked from frozen and tasted so bad I couldn’t eat it. I think our breakfast, bar the eggs was cooked when they made the other guests before us. Sad really.

I wouldn't have minded so much but felt like I was imposing in her family home and think it should be at least 40/50 pounds cheaper. It is not value for money.

Location is great for bath though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGalloway29
Management response:Responded November 14, 2011

We would like to thank everyone for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor. All observations help us to improve Villa Claudia and give our customers a better stay in Bath.

We would like assure all readers that all our bathrooms are totally private and no problems with the showers have ever been mentioned to us.
Every breakfast is freshly cooked to order using fine ingredients, including local freerange eggs. Comments from other guests testify this.
We take a great pride in our home and have enjoyed welcoming guests from all over the world in to it over the past four years. In true Italian style every guest is made to feel like part of the family.