“Beautiful glassware bespoke if you want it.”
Review of Bath Aqua Glass

Bath Aqua Glass
Ranked #8 of 58 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch the wonderful Bath Aqua Glass blowers in the Artisan Centre of Bath. Glassblowing Demonstrations Mon-Fri 11.15am & 2.15pm Sat 2.15pmSee our beautiful glassware made using traditional Roman techniques in our living museum of glass.WE OFFER BREATH IN A BAUBLE £12.50 THIS IS ONLY ON THE 11.15 AND 2.15 DEMOS. WONDERFUL CHANCE TO BLOW INTO YOUR OWN BAUBLE. During the interactive demos you can ask our glassmakers questions, learn all about how our glass is all made by hand and even have a go yourself and blow a bubble of glass (additional charge)Glass school is run every Saturday morning where you can participate in one of our glassmaking taster courses - Learn to Make a Paperweight. (advance booking essential limited places) Bath Aqua Glass is blown with copper oxide one of the main minerals in the bath Spa Waters. In the factory there are two antique stained glass windows and a collection of glass through the ages. One of the windows was found under Bath Abbey chambers it depicts artisans at work and we are still researching the history.
Derby, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful glassware bespoke if you want it.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Wandering around Bath we came across the Bath Aqua Glass shop. We were looking for a unique glass ornament, but couldn't find anything in the shop that we liked. No problem we were told, go to the factory shop and tell them what you want, so we did. They couldn't do enough for us. They even made our piece while we watched, very interesting but not worth the viewing fee they ask you to pay to watch normally, but as we were going to buy the piece anyway we didn't pay anything to watch. If I was asked to pay I wouldn't have bought the piece. We now have a unique piece signed and dated and it's just what we wanted with our specified colours etc. well worth a visit but the viewing price is too much.

Visited March 2014

South East England, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Blowing baubles”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the glass blowing show at the Bath Theatre of Glass. Blew my own bauble and watched a vase and an elephant being made. A great way to spend a wet hour in Bath.

Chester, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A great activity with a take home gift.”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

What a great find! I have always wanted to have a go and for a small price I was able to have a little taster. We watched the demo first which was really interesting and each aspect was explained - and then I was able to make my own round ball which I watched from beginning to end and is now hanging in my window at home. From an orange blob to a beautiful blue speckled hanging bauble. I love it - and for a small price too where you get to keep the item you have created. It was ready to collect the next day - the option was available for it to be posted. I would absolutely do this again - either for myself or as a present for a friend - nothing better than a home made gift!. I am also looking at the half day experience - this looks great.

Surrey, England
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great fun to watch and try!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We visited on Valentine's weekend and watched the glass-blowing demonstration before having a go ourselves. We helped create a beautiful heart shaped bauble which was then posted to us on Monday and we received it yesterday - we were really pleased with the result. Watching the process is fascinating and I'd like to have a go at one of their workshops in the future.The staff were really friendly and helpful and there were loads of beautiful things to buy in the shop, which is a smaller version of the main shop by the Abbey. Would definitely recommend for something a bit different to do!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I was fascinated!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My friend and I booked to blow our own bubbles.
After a demonstration of glass blowing which was very interesting.
We took turns to help blow into our own bubbles. It was fascinating to see the whole process. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. As we visited on a Saturday the bubble was then sent to us very promptly and looks beautiful and is a wonderful memento to a lovely weekend away. A definite must when visiting Bath.

Visited January 2014