“Blowing bubbles in Bath!”
Review of Bath Aqua Glass

Bath Aqua Glass
Ranked #8 of 60 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch the wonderful Bath Aqua Glass blowers in the Artisan Centre of Bath. Glassblowing Demonstrations Mon-Fri 11.15am & 2.15pm Sat 2.15pmSee our beautiful glassware made using traditional Roman techniques in our living museum of glass.WE OFFER BREATH IN A BAUBLE £12.50 THIS IS ONLY ON THE 11.15 AND 2.15 DEMOS. WONDERFUL CHANCE TO BLOW INTO YOUR OWN BAUBLE. During the interactive demos you can ask our glassmakers questions, learn all about how our glass is all made by hand and even have a go yourself and blow a bubble of glass (additional charge)Glass school is run every Saturday morning where you can participate in one of our glassmaking taster courses - Learn to Make a Paperweight. (advance booking essential limited places) Bath Aqua Glass is blown with copper oxide one of the main minerals in the bath Spa Waters. In the factory there are two antique stained glass windows and a collection of glass through the ages. One of the windows was found under Bath Abbey chambers it depicts artisans at work and we are still researching the history.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great visit to Bath Aqua Glass and thanks to HIlary who dealt efficiently and in a very friendly manner with initial phone calls a month before my visit with 16 French adult students learning English. The visit itself was great - warm welcome from HIlary, wonderful demo from the talented Steve with Laura helping, then both Steve and Laura did a sterling job helping all of my students to blow a bubble which led to lots of hilarity and much excitement! Thank you Steve for inticing me to blow a bubble too! :) Thoroughly recommended for a fun afternoon with a great team on hand to help, advise and demonstrate!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I could have sat all day just watching them, it's mesmerising and so lovely to see something being made that requires traditional skills and expertise no high technology required. Each piece is individual and beautifully crafted, I will definitely be returning to buy something beautiful for my home. Staff were pleasant and welcoming.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was bought a half a day glass making gift by my wife for Christmas as I'd always wanted to see how glass making / glass blowing was done up close. This was absolutely brilliant! Ben the teacher was great and made you feel at ease and explained and showed everything you needed to do as many times as you needed. It was a relaxed atmosphere with just 4 of us being shown the process. Making your own paperweight with your own colours and design was fantastic. I would recommend this to anyone visiting bath or wanting to do glass making. Will definitely come back again for the bauble making near Christmas with my wife!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Friendly,well informed staff. Great pieces for sale. Display of glass blowing fascinating. Bought two very attractive glass models,hand blown. Delightful

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Brilliant change in pace to the usual delights of sightseeing in Bath, where the mysteries of glass are unravelled and you get a go at making your own bauble. Informative and genuinely enthusiastic hosts make the experience a real pleasure and although we went to entertain the children it is just as good for the grown ups. It's also good to support this sort of artisan operation in a world of growing mechanisation and uniformity

3  Thank Alys0unC