“The most interesting experience ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bath Aqua Glass

Bath Aqua Glass
Ranked #8 of 57 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch the wonderful Bath Aqua Glass blowers in the Artisan Centre of Bath. Glassblowing Demonstrations Mon-Fri 11.15am & 2.15pm Sat 2.15pmSee our beautiful glassware made using traditional Roman techniques in our living museum of glass.WE OFFER BREATH IN A BAUBLE £12.50 THIS IS ONLY ON THE 11.15 AND 2.15 DEMOS. WONDERFUL CHANCE TO BLOW INTO YOUR OWN BAUBLE. During the interactive demos you can ask our glassmakers questions, learn all about how our glass is all made by hand and even have a go yourself and blow a bubble of glass (additional charge)Glass school is run every Saturday morning where you can participate in one of our glassmaking taster courses - Learn to Make a Paperweight. (advance booking essential limited places) Bath Aqua Glass is blown with copper oxide one of the main minerals in the bath Spa Waters. In the factory there are two antique stained glass windows and a collection of glass through the ages. One of the windows was found under Bath Abbey chambers it depicts artisans at work and we are still researching the history.
London, United Kingdom
“The most interesting experience ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have always wanted to see glass blowing and had high expectations. This was even better than I had expected. The show takes about half an hour then I got to try it myself! Wow!!! I am addicted. It was a real life experience. The glass blowers were really cool, well friendly and really informative. I really felt that I learnt something. I have found out you can also book up for a glass blowing course. They run them Saturday mornings. I have already booked it. £85 and you can keep all that you make! So ill do an updated review when I've done it. I cant wait!!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Interesting visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I visited Bath Aqua Glass Shop and Factory on a weekend visit to Bath. High quality beautiful glassware and jewellery. We watched an informative and impressive demonstration of glass blowing which we would recommend to any visitor.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“this glass blowing experience was amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

i took my little boy in who was mesmerised and i could not believe the wonderful studio with all its artifacts and the glass blowers before our eyes. it is so nice to see a local product from start to finish. we decided to put our breath in bauble, and now have a wonderful piece to remember Bath. advice for travellers, its the 11.15 and the 2.15 where you can blow a bauble, because we turned up and had to go back.

Liphook, United Kingdom
“amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was a wonderful experience to see the glass blowing taking place right in front of you. Have seen some on TV but that is not the same as live like this. After the demonstrations we had the chance to blow our own bauble and have a name engraved on it. Something to keep as a reminder and to boast about later! The workshop is an interesting place to see and the shop is full of a huge range of handmade glass showing what can be done.

Visited December 2012
Paralimni, Cyprus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“made my day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

What an amzing plus to our experience in Bath. I had no idea that you could visit a real glass blowing place. We even took advantage of their 'put your breathin a bauble!' Every one in our familly had a go. And we get to keep what we have blown!
I recomend to any one thats visting Bath.
Manolos Topollos