White Guest House
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
  • Room Service
All reviewscity centrechocolate treatsb bwarm bedmajor attractions in bathfree permitquiet streetfresh fruit saladnorth paradeparking permitlate arrivalpleasure of stayingsuper breakfastcanal towpathlevel walkten minute walksingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the White Guest House for 2 nights at the end of April. The location is perfect for a tourist visit to Bath. It is only a 10 minute walk from all of the tourist attractions. Parking in Bath is difficult, but we were provided with a permit for on street parking anywhere in the vicinity of the guest house. Finding an on street spot was a little difficult, but once we found one we just left the car there and walked to everything. We were given a very nice double room with en-suite toilet & shower. The house is close to a busy main road, but on a side street far enough from the main road to keep the noise down. We did not find any problems with street noise even though our room was at the front of the house above the street. The only complaint that we (my wife) had was the comfort of the bed. She found it a bit uncomfortable, although I had no problem with it myself. Of course, she claims that I can sleep anywhere while she is very sensitive to differences in mattresses!! Breakfast was excellent, tasty, and very filling. I would recommend the White Guest House to anyone planning a trip to Bath.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FDSJr
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just returned from a lovely weekend in Bath.

If I`m honest I had trouble in locating somewhere that was a reasonable price and accepted bookings of only 2 nights. Not certain if this was because it was during the Easter holidays or not but anyway this guest house appeared on my screen and it seemed to fit the bill for what we were looking for.

This B&B is located about 10 minutes walk from Bath Spa train station and is very conveniently located for easy access to the city.

We received a warm welcome and were shown to our room which was on the ground floor at the front. This is a double room which is clearly an old front room which has been converted in to ensuite accommodation. The decor is not to everyones taste, including flowery bedspread, towels, toilet roll etc, but we did not mind this. The room is fairly old fashioned, and is not spacious, however it was adequate for our needs. The ensuite is fairly small but again this was adequate.

During our visit the weather was cold and at times the room did feel slightly cold, however there was an additional plug in radiator in the room which we made use of and this helped keep us warm.

I really liked the bed as it had a firm matress and was very comfortable. Both my partner and I had a restful sleep.

The breakfast consisted of a choice of cereal, yoghurt, fruit etc to help yourself to. I then chose a full cooked breakfast which consisted of 2 slices of bacon, a single sausage, poached egg on toast, tomato and mushroom. There was as much additional toast as we wanted, plus plentiful tea, coffee fruit juice etc. The breakfast tasted lovely and was cooked perfectly. My only disappointment was the single sausage which was very small and thin and looked a little sad on the plate! I did, however, leave the table feeling very full after eating my breakfast!

In summary, this is a very nice guest house which is good value for money. The host is welcoming and friendly and I would recommend this place as a good value for money establishment, ideally situated for the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucacsp
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights recently, and was very impressed. Five minutes wall into town, allocated parking, simple but nice breakfasts and a friendly welcome. Our room (5) had everything we needed, and was very comfortable. Would definitely go back here without hesitation if I was staying in Bath again. At 70 pounds a night, the White was as cheap as anything else we looked at, and is excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank AlanplusJo
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The guest house is a 5-10 min walk from the abbey. And restaurants are even closer. Steve was really friendly and showed us to our room which was a twin with an additional bed in adjoining room. So if there were three of you this would have been perfect. It was freezing while we were in bath but we never got cold in our room. We had tea and coffee, and some chocolates left for us, which were added to each day. There was a hair dryer and a Chest of drawers. Each bed also had an electric blanket which was a pleasant surprise. It was also in a quiet residential area, and the room felt private.

The bathroom was fine not the roomiest but clean my only complaint would be the shower pressure but other than that it was great.

Breakfast was served between 8 and 9. There were standard branded cereals and fresh fruit salad. Then you could have a full breakfast, not the best I've ever had but it was more than adequate and then you could have toast and jam. He even accommodated alternatives such as beans on toast.

Check out was 10.30, although someone had a parking permit, who had planned to stay all day, was allowed to hold onto it for the day.

Overall fantastic value for money, I was really pleased with it and I would thoroughly recommend. The guest house has been in the family for three generations so they know what they are doing and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank catalogue_of_stars
Reviewed March 4, 2013

White Guest house has been our accommodation of choice for the last 8 years. We make a point of going to Bath every year as there is so much to see and do, not only in Bath but the surrounding areas.
Since our Son was born 4 years ago we now take him along too. Steve has 1 family room but in the past when we have been late booking he has put us in the large double with a mattress on the floor, which suits our needs and Steve could not be any more accommodating. Our son now asks often when we will be going to Steve's.
The breakfasts are wonderful with some locally sourced products and you get proper big pots of tea!

The guest house is near to the station, city centre and wonderful canal walks.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough and you won't be disappointed if you chose this guest house

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family