“Great location in a typical English B&B”
Review of White Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
White Guest House
Ranked #45 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed for two nights while visiting Bath. If you come by car, the owner will give you a pass to park on the street. We had two rather typical English B&B rooms, one was rather small, the other was average size. The ensuite bathrooms were both very clean, but on the small side. The rooms were clean and quiet and the beds comfortable. I thought the furnishings could use updating, others in our party thought they were fine. Wi-fi is available. The owner is very pleasant and helpful and served a hearty English breakfast each morning to the guests in the dining room. He also was very knowledgeable about the area and had great suggestions for sight-seeing. The location is perfect for visiting the main attractions in Bath as the center of this historic town is only a ten minute walk. You can easily visit all of the sites in this 2000 year old historic town (Roman baths, Abbey, Royal Crescent, Pultney Bridge, etc.) by walking from the White House B&B. (Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.) There are also many restaurants in the downtown area in a wide variety of price ranges as well as many shops. From the White House B&B you can also walk along the canal into town, which was fun. All in all, I would stay here again, primarily for the great location, great English breakfast, and ambiance of a typical English B&B.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in front, as it has a nice garden view and large bay window.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler4545
There are newer reviews for White Guest House

Reviewed August 10, 2011

On the positive side this B&B is in a great location. If you come by car they will give you a permit to park it on the street. It is only a 5 minute walk into Bath and a couple of minutes walk to the canal where you can watch the boats going through the locks. Our room at the front was quiet. The room itself was quite small and had a dusty lampshade and the ensuite was very poky. The owner was away during our stay but the relief manager was very helpful. There was plenty to eat at breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EnergeticSeniors
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed in Noveber time 2010. It's so close to Bath town centre. Owner was lovely. Breakfast was amazing. Only had a small double left so we new it was small but we didn't mind as didn't spend much time in there, was cosy! Warm (as it was snowing). Fantastic value. And clean! Would definately recommend if you're on a budget like we always are, and would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa_honey
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My friend and I stayed one night as it was booked solid. The room was lovely, bathroom and hot water excellent, and the bed was clean and really comfortable. Steve is the owner and was kind and helpful and arranged for some friends to take us to Lacock Abbey on Sunday as there was no public transport. He cooks the best breakfast and the dining room is gorgeous and a pleasure to eat in. I highly recommend his jams and preserves and I bought some off him and took home to NZ. The strawberry and elderflower jam is a must. Great value for money and I would stay nowhere else when I visit Bath. This place is a real gem and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed here with my wife for three nights while on a business/pleasure trip to Bath, b&b is very good value for money..£65 a night, owner is very friendly, rooms are small but clean and breakfast is perfect. Location is ideal, nice and quiet up a side street but only ten mins walk from Bath center.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Loved the location. I stayed for 2 nights. It is an easy 5 mins lovely stroll into the city centre, pass the bath cricket club and the River Avon. The room was a bit small but the bed was comfortable, fresh flowers in the room on arrival was a lovely touch. The room was clean except for the far corner night stand with a bible that was absolutely covered in dust, and there was broken fan under my bed.

The owners were on holidays but Steve did meet me on my arrival, and introduced me to Richard who looked after the B&B, while they were away. Richard was helpful, and was always ready to help with any questions I had. Really nice guy. Breakfast was sufficient- yoghurt, cereals, fruit juices, fresh fruit and full english etc.

After a long day of exploring, it was a welcome relief to know that my B&B and warm bed was only a few minutes walk away.
All in all it was a good place to rest your head, but for £70 per night I did not expect a dusty night stand or broken fan under my bed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Xiwang22
Reviewed May 18, 2011

The White Guest House is in a great location. It is close to all the major attractions in Bath. The staff is friendly and courteous and has a great knowledge of the city. The proprietor Steve ensures that you receive the best service possible. I recently spent seven days at the White Gust House and I would recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business